chip butty

sarah88

Gold Member
hi really craving a chip butty, was wondering if any one knew the points,

from a cafe
chips in a buttered bap with ketchup

please help

Smirky is usually better at this sort of thing than me so I hope she replies.

A small portion of chip shop chips is 8 points I think. That is quite a small portion - so probably enough for a chip butty. Then, 3-4 points for the bap and butter? I would probably count it as a full 12 points just to be on the safe side.

I dont know exactly but ive just got the eat out book and that it says a portion of chips (from a chippy) is 8.5 , its 2pts for a medium bun,i think it will probs be a large one though for a chip butty , ketchup is 0.5 for 20g.Sorry dont know exactly.

i was thinking 12, on the safe side

Hmm i've always gone by 170gs of chips = 7.5 points, ... now i know you can't ask them to weigh the chips (would be funny though haha! :D ) but 7.5 points for chippy chips is just about a cone portion maybe bit smaller so depends on how many chips they give you, i'd say usually for a bap it's not a huge portion of chips from a cafe anyway! could be anything from 5-8 points depending on oils they used and how they cook them, fryer/oven etc

if it's a big bap about 4 points and butter depending on how much they use i'd point it as 1-2 points tbh, you could ask without butter??

and ketchup will be about 1 point i reckon cause your going to want more than just a light spread on top! hehe

sounds yum, but all together your prob looking between 12/15 points for it tbh :)

definitely want one from the cafe?? get some mcCains rustic chips, 100gs = 2 points, nice bap prob about 2-3 points, butter 0.5 (flora extra light) ketchup 0.5 / 1 point .. for about half the points you can have a nice chip butty :)

Last edited:
12-15 points for a chip butty!!!!!! oh my gosh!!! that wouldnt touch my sides lol :) xx

12-15 points for a chip butty!!!!!! oh my gosh!!! that wouldnt touch my sides lol :) xx

sucks i know, silly chips people use in the shops and oils! plus bread is good but when it comes to cobs / baps tends to eat up points :(

Could you make your own with oven chips and bread? I know not the same but do the job with less points!!?xx

Could you make your own with oven chips and bread? I know not the same but do the job with less points!!?xx

definitely want one from the cafe?? get some mcCains rustic chips, 100gs = 2 points, nice bap prob about 2-3 points, butter 0.5 (flora extra light) ketchup 0.5 / 1 point .. for about half the points you can have a nice chip butty :)

lol :)

smirky you are very knowledgable with points aren't you...how long have you been doing ww? xx

smirky you are very knowledgable with points aren't you...how long have you been doing ww? xx

a year on the 14th sept :D:D:D:D

i'm here long timeee! :p

I still don't know things myself, but over the year i've learned what's best to stay away from and if you want 'bad' things like pizza chips burger etc which ones to go for which are lower points or better value etc lol :) starlight is the queen though! loads know a lot more than me, i'm just the internet geek virtually always online :D

you've done brilliant - well done - 62 pound. i need to get my arse into gear and start losing. LOL at "60lb Loss = Elephants Penis". xx

you've done brilliant - well done - 62 pound. i need to get my arse into gear and start losing. LOL at "60lb Loss = Elephants Penis". xx

aww thank you! :) it's been a long year but i'm glad to nearly be at goal ... even though want to lose another 7lbs after i think... (don't want to think about that number just yet haha) i love losing a elephants penis in weight :D

you've done amazing too hun! :) we will all get there together and be fabulous! xx

omg I haven't been in the "ww" section of mini's for ages. Hiya Smirky!!! I hardly recognise you now. Wow, your pic is fab. Well done on your weightloss.

I just saw chip butty, and felt drawn to the thread,mmmmmmm lol. Can't remember the last time I had one <sob> lol

omg I haven't been in the "ww" section of mini's for ages. Hiya Smirky!!! I hardly recognise you now. Wow, your pic is fab. Well done on your weightloss.

I just saw chip butty, and felt drawn to the thread,mmmmmmm lol. Can't remember the last time I had one <sob> lol

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! omg it's been too long, how have you been?? your doing amazing too hun! :D thank you for your kind words hope your good :)

i know how you feel; im having a chip butty with my burger tonight now haha :D

Back