Chips and Roasties in Actifry.

Ardzgrly88

Does anyone know if I use frylight in the Actifry to make chips or roast potatoes whether it's still free?

Does anyone know if I use frylight in the Actifry to make chips or roast potatoes whether it's still free?

Yes, as long as you spray it and don't pour it over them :)

Do you mean spray the machine before I put potatoes in?

I'll have to get some of that and try it. Making a Sunday dinner tonight and just thought the acti fry would be handier for the roast potatoes.

How long would you par boil them for?

In and around 5 mins, drain an let them dry with the lid off for a few mins. Put the lid back on and shake, this will give the potatoes rough edges. Put them into the actifry and spray with frylight. The rough edges will make your roasties really crispy and crunchy :)

I seen a thing on Jamie Oliver, once your roasties are almost cooked use the back of a wooden spoon and push down on the roasties so they burst open a little, respray with frylight. This makes them extra crunchy :) :)

Sounds great thanks. Just going to have boiled potatoes now but I'll keep that in mind.

I decided to make them and they were really nice and crisp, best roasties I've made. The fact they are syn free made them taste that bit better :)

Mine was handed down to me when my nan got an upgrade but they are so expensive but do really good chips and roast potatoes.

Back