Choc cookie from a shake mix

Champess

Skinny Soon ?!
Just tried to make one and after smelling the lovely choc orange mixture which looked exactly like cake mix I thought I was on to a sure thing.

Unfortunately no! It was blummin awful! Salty as anyting and just totally in edible so I had a bar instead, much nicer.

Actually I really think trying to make a food substitue for me, is totally defeting the object of trying to get away from food so I won't be going there again.

Anyone else feel the same???:(

yes I do agree- it's never ever going to taste like the real thing, so why bother? I agree that it's best to steer clear of even thinking about naughty foods.
When I did the CD for the first time (this is my 2nd, got pregnant 1st time after losing 2st) this bonkers CDC on my very first visit gave me a taste of all these blimmin awful "crisps" and "cakes" that she had made from the packets. I thought they were wretched so never bothered. I like the vast majority of the sachets as they are intended to be, so I'm lucky I suppose. Anyway, if we do it right, we'll get it over and done with quicker!!
XX

I used to make all of the recipes when I did SS first time round, I think the fact that I was 'allowed' cookies etc didn't help to educate me and I soon got back into my bad habits.

I'm now back on track and sticking to milkshakes and porridge for the time being. It'll all be worthwhile in the end! x

Hi, I tried to make muffins, crisps and choc fudge. They all tasted horrible and didn't taste like the shake version does. Must be because all the flavour is burnt in the microwave. Oh well at least I gave it a go.

I tried making a muffin and it was horrible! Like a gooey mess. I went straight back to milkshakes and mousses!

Got the bars for the first time this week and so far I've had the orange one, the choc one, the peanut crunch one and the cranberry one and they've all been really really nice.

not tired to make anything!! I am more than happy with soups, bars and any chocolate shake haha
Same here, I'm quite happy with porridge, soups and shakes with the occasional bar :)

Last diet I did in australia, similar to CD, I tried all sorts of things....nothing really tasted that good though. My fave thing to do was mix my choc (or similar) shake with less water and then add jelly, was like a yummy dessert. But CD has mix a mousse! Cant wait for that! Will taste just as good without the jelly I am sure!

I agree, the recepies do not seem to work as some are very salty (do they really have that much salt in??) The only "alteration" I like is cooking the chicken and mushroom soup in the microwave to make a large crisp type thing..

Has anyone tried making a cookie using the Porridge shake? Successful? or not?! How did you do it?

first time around I made all these things but was then told by cdc that you shouldnt cook the packs (other than porridge) as it destroys the nutrients and they are naff anyway.
The mousse is nice, so I stick to all the packs as are with the addition of allowable spices.
x

Please remember that packs shouldn't be cooked (except porridge for no more than 1 minute)...especially when on SS.

As soon as I saw KD had added a post I thought.....Oh Oh........lolol xx <for KD

Must admit I'm too lazy to try and make anything with the packs instead of what they should be made as.... xx

allowable spices?

first time around I made all these things but was then told by cdc that you shouldnt cook the packs (other than porridge) as it destroys the nutrients and they are naff anyway.
The mousse is nice, so I stick to all the packs as are with the addition of allowable spices.
x
What are the allowable spices?

I tried to make a choc muffin once, BIG mistake, it just turned into a salty congealed lump. This time round I won't be trying the recipes again x

I like making the soups into crisps(am on SS but I have 3.5 or 4 a day as I'm just under the height limit for 4 packs and I feel so much better with that extra half pack a day),have tried making a spoon of porridge into a cookie type thing but it didn't work,and the shakes don't work either.But the crisps are my saving grace most days :)

polishrose - how do you make the crisp things then?? I would be quite intersted to know - just in case I wanted to make one in the future!

Bx

Back