chocoholics journey to 9 stone!

chocoholic20

Hiya, just a quick introduction:) ive been dieting for around 2 years. I lost around 3 stone by calorie counting.. From 12.6 to 9.7. Over the past six months ive tried slimfast but couldnt hack it. Im now 11.1 :( ive heard so many good things about Atkins so thought id give it a go :)

Its hard to get my head around at the moment.. Especially eating all these calories! So far today ive had 688 and i know we're not supposed to be counting but i want to make sure im eating enough as i feel soooo full already!

Today ive had;
B: decaffinated coffee
Omelette (no milk), 1 slice of crumbled ham, mushrooms cooked in butter
L: tuna and mayo, lettuce, peppers, mushrooms, celery
S: atkins choc chip bar
Not sure whats for tea tonight yet!

Ive had 7.3 net carbs today.

How do you guys ensure you eat enough calories!?

Quick question - do you NEED to eat 1500 calories? Ive eaten sooooo much today but only hit 1200? What happens if i dont eat 1500 or over? Thankyou!

Hi Choc and welcome

Can't answer your calorie question, sorry, Atkins says don't worry about it - eat fat to burn fat is his motto - but others will be able to help more :)

Hi Chocoholic, I struggled with the calories initially too. MFP kept telling me off .. but now I don't care a jot about them, just eat what I want that is "legal" and make sure I don't go over 20g carbs. It is difficult to get your head out of calorie counting after years of brainwashing from the likes of WW and SW .. but you will get there! Best of Luck x

Morning Choc and welcome, I didn't count calories, just ate plenty of meat & Fat and green leav veggies.

Eat plenty u til satisfied - dont restrict and do have fat and your body will find the right balance

Back