• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Wolf's Journey to lose 8 stone (2st12Ib gone)

Wolf

Slimming for a better lifestyle
S: 18st4lb C: 15st6lb G: 10st2lb BMI: 34.9 Loss: 2st12lb(15.63%)
Hi! I'm Lisa. I've been floating about on these forums for a couple of years now, as I've been doing Slimming World on and off. However, I've never really got on with SW. From a truly awful consultant when I tried a group to see-sawing on my own as an online member, it just never really "clicked" for me. I managed to lose about a stone and a half but it took me ages. Then, I recently discovered MyFitnessPal and it's literally changed my life! I have full control over what I eat and I love it. I'm not a big snack person, my main issue was eating portions that were too big. SW never helped me with that, with it's "unlimited" pasta and potato rule. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit OCD and MFP, with it's calculating everything I eat, is perfect. For the first time ever I feel completely in control and not like I'm on a diet. :D

I'm currently on around 1700 calories a day but I frequently eat less than that as I cook healthy meals from scratch most of the time. I also often skip breakfast. My main rule is to only eat if I'm really hungry. I'm losing around 1 to 2 pounds a week so it would seem the calories are at a good level at the moment.

I'd like to get to around 9.5st to 10st. My main motivation at the moment is a trip to Orlando, Florida in October. The last time we went, a few years ago, I managed to lose some weight to get to 14st. It was not nearly as much as I wanted to lose and I was really disappointed with myself. I'm determined to smash that this time.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Wolf

2lb loss this week. :D

Still finding the calorie counting insanely easy. I'm quite often finding that I'm under my daily calories and end up having a glass of chocolate milk or fruit juice in the evenings. I don't want to lower my calories just yet though as it does let me go a little crazy sometimes, like having a couple of sneaky Ginsters pies for dinner the other night! Well worth the 900 odd calories!

littlemissnaughty

Gold Member
S: 13st7lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23 Loss: 2st5lb(17.46%)
Hi Lisa

I also do calorie counting and like you, I find it really easy. I am really close to my target now so my weightloss has slowed a lot but I love that I have lost 3 stone and still find it so easy :)

I've done SW at home on and off for years but never stuck to it for more than a few months at a time. i've been doing CC now for over a year, it's so easy because I can have cheat days and not worry.

MFP is also my best friend. I log absolutely everything except on my cheat days. It's also good for remembering recipes.

Going to Orlando is a great incentive to lose weight. I love Orlando, whereabouts are you staying?

Well done on your loses so far, I'm sure you will get nearer to your target by Orlando Time :)

Wolf

Yep, MFP is great isn't it! Sooo easy to log everything. It's really made me sort my portion sizes out, which were out of control even when I did SW.

We're staying in a villa in the Four Corners area this time. Last time we were further south east, in Kissimmee, so much closer this time! I can't wait, it's my favourite place! :D

littlemissnaughty

Gold Member
S: 13st7lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23 Loss: 2st5lb(17.46%)
MFP has been a godsend for me since I started calorie counting. I still use it most days.

We've got a villa in Four Corners :) We absolutely love it there, just wish we could go more. You'll have an amazing time.