**Chocolate Orange Shake. Help please???**

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by upsy-daisy, 13 July 2011 Social URL.

1. upsy-daisy

upsy-daisy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(32.67%)
    Hi
    I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for how to make the choc orange shakes taste any better??? I don't usually get them but due to the lack of my favourite flavours in stock, I was lumbered with a few this week! I add more than the stated amount of water to all my shakes, add ice cubes and blend. But the orange taste is soooo strong. Any tasty ideas would be gratefully received!
    Thank you xxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    212.8lb
    Current Weight:
    204.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    142lb
    Lost(%):
    8.8lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I actually like these, but probably some fresh chopped mint would cut through the strong orange flavour.

4. lil_legs

lil_legs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I hated these and swapped mine, yuk!

5. swifted

swifted Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.39%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I would actually love it if they sorted out the flavour of these, do they scratch anyone else's throat?

Sorry that's no help whatsoever haha, I would say chocolate mint all the way!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

6. upsy-daisy

upsy-daisy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(32.67%)
    I might try the mint thank you. Hahah swifted, yeah they do something weird to my throat. It sounds mad but the orange seems to be that strong that it feels like its burning my mouth slightly! It's not good! Im just going to have to hold my breath and down it like a shot! It's just a pity that I've got 6! So it's one a day 4 me for the rest of the week!! :-((

7. swifted

swifted Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.39%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yeah, they need to get some scientists in and make it taste like a terrys chocolate orange, that would be a happy day!

Is there no way you can get back to your CDC and swap the ones you don't like?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

8. Shiny

Shiny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Lol, I was hoping they tasted like chocolate orange, boy was I disappointed! Maybe mix a choc shake powder with one and split it so you have 2 shakes to make but may make it more palatable?! Or swap!;) x

9. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

You could make your shake with half a pack of chocolate and half a pack of choc orange... that way the intense flavour would be greatly lessened - your shake would be much more chocolate-y with just a hint (lol) of orange.

10. upsy-daisy

upsy-daisy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(32.67%)
    No I can't swop them as she's only open one night a week(Tues), so I won't see her until I go next week. I will try mixing it with my choc ones. That sounds like the way forward! Thanks for all your help everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. egbert

egbert Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I just had a choc orange - I find they dont blend very well either so always have lumps in :( I will be sticking to the non-choc flavours once I finish this lot!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.