Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Cholestrol......

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lesley cw, 23 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Lesley cw

Lesley cw Full Member

Hi guys...i was just wondering what happens to your cholestrol..does it gone down much when your on CD...and has anyone tried the cholestrol testers that u can use at home ? thank you...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Do you know, I don't think I have ever had mine checked! I assumed it was ok as nothing was ever mentioned. I doubt that was the case when I was at my biggest though...hmmmm! I didn't know they had home kits for it either! I'm a great help aren't I!!! lol :) Hope you find your answers soon hun, Hugs x x x

4. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    I would have loved to have known what mine was before and now what it is after losing my weight. I must imagine it has an affect.

5. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Yeah I second that!

6. Mat

Mat taking control (again)

I'd be interested to know the answer to this as well. I don't know how long it takes for the body to adjust, but I would imagine that CD would help get cholestrol down to a normal/healthy level.

7. Lesley cw

Lesley cw Full Member

Mines was " 6 " three years ago...so i think when i have completed CD i will get it checked, if any one can help us on this please do..thanx..x

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I've never done a home test, but I did have a couple done through the hospital.

The first was just before I started Cambridge. Result was 10.something. I had another 2 months into cambridge and it was down to 5.something :clap: My dr was gobsmacked!

9. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I had a test done last year when they were doing my thyroid stuff. They did a full check up, cholestrol, white blood cells, platelets, everything. I'm going for a blood test tomorrow for much the same tests. When I get my results next week I'll ask what the two measurements were and see if 2 and a half stone has made any difference and let you know! I know it was fine before, but not what it actually was.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.