choosing a target weight!

Loobylou1509 said:
How have you chosen your target weight, and has anyone called target when getting to their 10%?

I chose my target because it is the middle of the healthy range for my height and was about what I weighed before I started putting on weight.

The only requirement SW have is that your target weight isnt below the healthy range for your height, other than that its up to you what you put. There is no reason why you couldnt call target at your club 10

It works out that your target weight has to be between your BMI of 20 to 25. I'm 5' 5" so I'm between 8st 8lbs and 10st 10lbs. I'd look stupid at 8st anything so I met myself in the middle at 9st 9lbs. I've been this weight before and I look great and I don't even care if I say so myself! ;)

HelsAngel said:
It works out that your target weight has to be between your BMI of 20 to 25. I'm 5' 5" so I'm between 8st 8lbs and 10st 10lbs. I'd look stupid at 8st anything so I met myself in the middle at 9st 9lbs. I've been this weight before and I look great and I don't even care if I say so myself! ;)

Good girl!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My target weight will probably be 10st 12lbs as that way I have 3lbs either way just in case.

I have been lighter but I know from previous experience anything under 10st 4lbs is very difficult for me to maintain.

Latte said:
My target weight will probably be 10st 12lbs as that way I have 3lbs either way just in case.

I have been lighter but I know from previous experience anything under 10st 4lbs is very difficult for me to maintain.

I agree, I think your target weight has to be easily to maintain!

I reached my club 10 last week and called target at that, 11st 6.5lbs, as I really don't want to lose too much more weight, as I have been well under 11st when I was at WW goal, and it was too thin for me.

HelsAngel said:

At sw it doesnt have to be within your bmi range, it can outside this if you want. This is one of the reasons i chose sw rather than ww who insisted i had to lose three pounds, call target, then i could put it back on if i wanted. Wtf?!

Sorry should say, they will let you go higher outside, not lower or underweight.So my highest one is 9st11, but my target is 10st.

My goal is between 7stone4 and 9stone2 acording too weight watchers.

I used to be around 8 and a half stone and probably could have been a little thinner so aiming for about 8 stone -8 stone 4

Any less them that and I'm not sure if it would be to low or not as I don't ever remember seeing myself that thin before. Might be harder to maintain if I get too low...

I have never not been overweight and have never previously lost more than about 4 lbs on health kicks so I set my target at the point my bmi was just under 30. Anything else felt totally unattainable at the start and it was a weight I knew that if I got to I would be healthier and happier in myself but I had the idea that much lower and I wasn't sure I would recognise who I was.

33lb down and less than a stone to go til that target I am not quite sure how I feel about it now. Part of me feels like I don't want to change that much more and as a fairly comfortable size 16 now another 13 lbs would hopefully take me into a size 14 which I haven't been since I was 14, but another part of me recognises I would still likely be the biggest person in most circles I spend time in. And a bmi of 29 still isn't exactly optimum for health. I thought about spending some time getting used to "target" before re-setting but that would seem like a waste of money on the inevitable target clothing buying spree.

I think what I am trying to say in a very round about way is that "target" is a really difficult thing; if you have ever had body confidence issues you are unlikely to wake up one weigh in day and because certain numbers appear on the scales suddenly feel completely comfortable in your skin or your health. I think the first step is setting something that feels attainable but an achievement and then go from there.

the middle of my healthy BMI is 8st 10lbs I cannot even begin to imagine being that weight. The lowest weight I can remember me being is 10stone something. My aim is about 9 and a half stone as I think that's achievable and then I'll see how I feel from there. Like someone else said I dont think there's a magic number at which you'll feel happy, just whenever you can look in a mirror and feel comfortable within yourself :)

Back