Christmas - 3 options

Iv finally made my mind up!

I'm completely ss'ing right over Christmas 100% not even a piece if turkey!

Xxxx

Hey Lauren - I'm going to be doing my best to join you there -SS the whole way through!

Hey Lauren - I'm going to be doing my best to join you there -SS the whole way through!

Ah fantastic hunni,

nice to know were both in it together! will be good to keep each other going!!

xx

Ah fantastic hunni,

nice to know were both in it together! will be good to keep each other going!!

xx

you 2 are amazing. i could never do that. i would be so down. :talk017:

I'll be on the 1000 plan so will be eating but sticking to my cals.

Lauren you have a lovely christmas to look forward to in feb, I know you will be fab over christmas you have so much determination and the feeling of your hero seeing you so much lighter is enough to keep you going xxxx

If I was still on SS I would of probably done the 810 over christmas if I'm being honest x

im sticking to plan all holiday except crimbo day will incorporate endless plates of meat, veg and a spot of gravy. then the rest of the time will be 810 xx

Two xmas's ago I was 100% SS - didn't bother me in the slightest as I was so used to watching everyone eat anyway ans was completely in the zone.
I haven't decided what to do this year though - my mum really wants me to leave the diet for xmas day at least, but I think that is because she thinks its a big hardship. Which its not. However I am quite tempted to do the whole no carbs, turkey and green veg thing as a kind of test for myself, as I need to learn how to eat sensibly. So still trying to come to a decision, will prob see how I feel nearer the time. My heart is saying SS right now tho, but it may change.

I have it all planned out too!

I am SS now until 9th Dec when we have our works Xmas lunch - for complicated reasons I'm going to eat at this but make sensible choices and have small portions (and likely only 2 courses). Then SS until Christmas day - have my shake in the morning, then Christmas lunch (sensible choices, small portions), then shake/bar in the evening. Then I am SS until 28th Dec, when I have a big friends reunion thing when I *might* eat (not decided yet) and then SS until 31 December when OH and I will have a meal (maybe out, maybe here) for our 10 year anniversary (not married anniversary, night we got together), then hopefully SS until 7 February (my birthday). Then SS again until nearer goal!

Xxx

I'm having 2 weeks off Cambridge from 18th to 31st december, back on it SS on the 1st Jan 2011.
When i say off I will be eating low-fat and sensible so still hope to lose some weight over xmas since I buy the food for the house and I don't have any one to eat around me i know i will find this easy, its a lovely time with my 3 kids over this period and whilst i am in the zone i like the fact that they will see me eating whilst they are off school, :) will still need you guys on here for support tho :)

Having done the "eat over xmas and get straight back on cd" thing I know I will struggle to get back on it if I have a day off so I will be sticking to SS the whole way through.

Hiya,

I am SS'ing except for Friday 3rd, Friday 17th, Christmas Day and Boxing day. Other than those 4 planned (and paid for meals) I'm ssing right through - need to have as much as possible off before going back to uni at the end of January - see their faces hahahaha.

good luck to everyone whatever you decide.
x

christmas 2007 i ss'ed right thru as it was just me and kaya and she hadnt got a clue

this year i will be taking off christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day as christmas eve is my mums birthday and she gets very confused and upset if shes eating and im not ( alzhimers ), christmas day i will join in with madam but limit portions and boxing day same kinda thing

I honestly don't know what to do - I am thinking about SSing all the way through apart from Christmas lunch, and even then only eat protein and green veg as if doing +. I really don't want to come out of ketosis if I can help it. What a naff time of the year for me to start CD!

But better to start it now than wait until the new year when I'd most likely be another 7lb heavier from Xmas!

I'm on CD for the second time....last time I lost 21 lbs in a month and was over the moon. Had a 'week off' for Glastonbury and have to say, I've never recovered! So here I am, back to where I started and desperately trying to lose again. It was sooooooo much easier the first time, I've found it crazy hard trying to get back on it. So I reckon if u can stay in it over Xmas that would make like much easier for you!!

That said, I know I'm gonna have a few days off over Xmas, my work night on the 19th, booked and paid for, and Xmas eve and Xmas day. I think that to be on ss all the rest of the time will be a massive achievement. I'd like to lose another stone before Xmas, but really even to just not gain over the festivities will b a massive achievement for me :)
Also, the way I see it, I always lose loads of weight in January regardless of what diet I'm doin cos I get sooooo sick of feeling fat n full over Xmas that I do well!!

Whatever u decide, have a fab Xmas and if ur determined like u sound, whatever decision u make, ull get straight back onto it and do fab!!! Xx

Hi everybody sorry I didn't get back to any of u in the last couple of days - my iPhone app for minis went all funny but I'm back online now, yay!

Well most of you sound like you've made an educated decision on Xmas food plans:)

As for the others who aren't sure, I'm sure you'll make the right decision as to what works for you!

Rxxx

Back