CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE!!!!

My parents are coming to stay this weekend, dreading having to tell them. Can just hear the disapproval. They aren't bad people. They just can't understand that I so badly want to be slim.

zumbas great lilac, i have it for the ps3. i need to join a class though. you should def try it its really funny xx

Thanks Lucinda

I have just bought it for the Wii in preparation for biting the bullet and going to a class, firstly very pleased that the belt not only fits i'm nearly too small for it lol and more importantly that it makes me look a bit like a super hero !!! As soon as my OH stops watching the telly box i'm going to have a go, watch this space, i'm excited x

My parents are coming to stay this weekend, dreading having to tell them. Can just hear the disapproval. They aren't bad people. They just can't understand that I so badly want to be slim.

I know how you feel. Most people have been really supportive but spoke to my father in law last night and told him how I was doing and all I got was 'well you'll only put it all back on when you stop and the weight loss will slow down blah, blah!!!:sigh:

i am the incredible shrinking girl ... as we all are x

I want that on a t.shirt, i can feel some creativity coming on lol

I know how you feel. Most people have been really supportive but spoke to my father in law last night and told him how I was doing and all I got was 'well you'll only put it all back on when you stop and the weight loss will slow down blah, blah!!!:sigh:

Oh, loves! My heart goes out to you both - that's such a shame...

I've been so grateful to have parents and boyfriend that have been incredibly supportive - they've really helped me to feel so proud of what I've achieved and inspire me to stick with it for the rest. I really hope that you can find similar people around you - on here if nowhere else!
:grouphugg:

I also hope that any negativity is born only out of their concern for you, and maybe they don't want you to get your hopes up and have them dashed later. Considering the losses you've both shown so far, I'd say it looks like this method is working for you... With luck, they will change their minds if they see how well you're doing and how much the quality of your life improves.

I can't credit the lipotrim results enough, for the benefit it has brought to me - I was quite severely depressed when I started this (lipotrim seemed, to me, to be a very slightly less drastic option than anti-depressants) and within just 3 or 4 weeks I knew I had turned a corner and that I was getting my life back. It's the best decision I've made in many years.

I wish the same for both of you, and that your jouneys will carry on no matter what.

Much love and luck,
Marianne x

Oooooooh *excited shiver*! We'll get the same thrill we did as wee ones waking up at 5.00am dashing down to see if Santa had come!!!

I'd love to lose 40lbs before Christmas, well before the 12th of December and hopefully a few more pounds before I do my re-feed :D xx

I'd love to lose 40lbs before Christmas, well before the 12th of December and hopefully a few more pounds before I do my re-feed :D xx

You can do it Juju! I have every confidence in you! Look how far you've come....just amazing babe xx

Shivie said:
You can do it Juju! I have every confidence in you! Look how far you've come....just amazing babe xx

Aww thank you Shivie, you're so lovely :)
I hope I can do it, hope it's possible too hehe. Thank you for your kind words xx

Right so first venture into the world of zumba complete (just), i have just done 20mins of "easy" and i'm buggered lol

Hi everyone, was meant to start few weeks ago but with one thing or another I just wasn' t ready... but today I woke up and went chemist and start tomorrow! really excited about it! been doing low carb for 3 days so hopefully wont be too bad x

Best of luck Lucylis! You'll do great, just get through week one and then you'll fly it x

Right so first venture into the world of zumba complete (just), i have just done 20mins of "easy" and i'm buggered lol

What's this Zumba that all y'all hunnies be raving about??!! Have heard of it but have no clue what it's all about. Is it like dancing? :confused:

x S

What's this Zumba that all y'all hunnies be raving about??!! Have heard of it but have no clue what it's all about. Is it like dancing? :confused:

x S

A cross between aerobics and latin-type dance. Fairly easy steps built into very short routines that can be repeated a lot, maybe changing directions and speeds.

It's very bouncy so will initially get you in the calves and thighs, and challenge your stamina. Be slightly wary if you have any knee problems or similar...

If you like aerobics classes, you'll almost certainly like zumba.

For me personally, I found it a bit boring BUT that's because I was a trained theatre dancer (even went professional, briefly...) so doing the same routines every week wasn't at all what I'm used to. For non-dancers in the class, they were the opposite - they felt that it was a selling point, as they quickly became confident and able to really throw themselves into it without having to concentrate too much.

Either way, I think it's a very good, lively and enjoyable form of exercise. Way more interesting than just going to the gym.
Mx

Thanks for that Marianne! Am clued-in now to this latest craze! Must ask Santa for a Wii Zumba package and get those hips moving!

x S

Back