Christmas Day SW Menu Challenge

Phil, I am going to eat til I die on Christmas day and take the gain on the chin (or thighs, or arse). So count me out. :p

Santa is bringing me white bread and chocolate this year, i've been a good girl.

I'm with Hellie's one (again- tried to rep but won't let me)

I can't be creative on Christmas day- too much of a traditional bird so it just has to be the smoked salmon/roast dinner/pickings kind of day.......but without the abstinance!
x

I'm following Vixxster! Xmas day is sacrosanct! There is no room for lowfat sausages! I shall be using flexible syns! About 100 of them :p

It's a great idea to do a menu, it'll give us all lots of ideas.

I'm having 24th/25th/26th and 31st off too, but I'm going to try not to go too mad. I'm not going to feel a failure if I have a few extra bits and pieces. I'm definitely not synning the gravy or yorshire pud on my Christmas dinner!

Judimac, I am going to eat a whole turkey. I may not even take off the skin. My brothers will be doing roastie wars, where they have an eat-off (everyone finishes their dinner then dad brings out the extra roasties, and they stuff them into their gobs one by one til they can't do any more).

And we are gonna be FAT! And it is gonna be GREAT!

Pfft synning turkey jam and stuff, what was I doing even THINKING of trying to do this? I can taste the floury bap with real mayonnaise, turkey jam, BUTTER and leftover turkey with stuffing, bacon and sausage on it now!

Judimac, I am going to eat a whole turkey. I may not even take off the skin. My brothers will be doing roastie wars, where they have an eat-off (everyone finishes their dinner then dad brings out the extra roasties, and they stuff them into their gobs one by one til they can't do any more).

And we are gonna be FAT! And it is gonna be GREAT!

Pfft synning turkey jam and stuff, what was I doing even THINKING of trying to do this? I can taste the floury bap with real mayonnaise, turkey jam, BUTTER and leftover turkey with stuffing, bacon and sausage on it now!

That's MY kind of sandwich...that's what I'd eat on Boxing day. I LOVE a turkey butty with stuffing,cranberry sauce on white bread with butter....

Why not flexi-syn your wine, or forego a few extras for your 15 syns worth. Miss out the muffin with breakfast and use a HE-B for some toast...or even have it on a crisp little gem lettuce leaf. Don't have a home made mince pie. And instead of the weetabix xmas cake, make a lovely fruit salad and serve it with the sweetened quark.

Great menu Hellie, i dont know if i could manage this cause i need syns for wine!!!! helppppppppp

Oooooh brekkie: bacon butties on white nimble bread (pfft if I can FIND any) 1HEB with 2 syns of marge and 1 syn of HP

Lunch: Syn free mushroom soup made with chicken stock, mushrooms, carrots, shallots, seasoning and whizz up in a blender.

TURKEYLURKEY with all the trimmings! Make your own pigs in blankets by wrapping bacon medallions around pork sausagemeat parcels made from Morrisons Eat Smart pork sausage. Make roasties with frylight! Make lots of carrot and swede mash, peas, couple of syns worth of stuffing!

Use a couple of syns for cornflour for the gravy

Dessert: Pfft do YOU want a fruit salad? No. Have a nice spoonful of Christmas Pud (4.5 syns for 28g) bulk it up with tangerine segments and a dollop of low fat creme fraiche (2 syns) and sprinkle with cinnamon.

You have 3 syns left to spend on roses/quality street/after eights. I don't drink booze so happy days!

Pssstt.. I didnt want to tell you but Ive been having white nimble all week since finding it in sainsburies :D

Please Mr Ajudicator Sir, can we misuse free food for one day and one day only and not syn it?!

:cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross:

Gah! I have to spread the love before I rep you as well Hellie!

Great idea for a post Phil. I may not do a whole menu but I will throw in ideas if I can.

I'm taking the middle way with Christmas... I won't throw away my entire sense of control but I might indulge a little, especially with drinkies.

well as my mum does christmas every year,i have to help with everything but get no say on the way its cooked,however i want to do a menu as well.they way i wil try to do it :) although tbh il give myself the day off maybe cause i normally eat more chocolate on that day than in the whole year!!

but here goes.
Breakfast:1piece of nimble bread(1/2HexB) with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon(free)

Lunch-this is our only meal of the day as we normally cant eat supper.
homemade lentil soup(free) another slice of bread to dip(1/2HExB)
fish platter(free)
turkey without skin and use juices for gravy(1syn for cornflour to thicken)
mountains of veg done in frylight(free)
roasties made with frylight(free)
stuffing made from free sausage meat and herbs(free)
cranberry sauce(just a little so 2syns)
pigs in blankets made with free sausages and bacon
mashed potato with milk to make it creamy(HexA)

Nibbles
quorn cocktail sausages
free crisps(oven cooked thinly sliced potatoes)
scotch eggs(free-recipe in mag)
falafels(free-recipe in mag)
mini quiches(free)
mini pizzas(smash base,passata and tiny amount of laughingcow extralight triangles)(1/2syn)

Dessert-we have this much later so we have lots of room:)
fresh fruit salad
Pavlova-(syn free merangue(eggs and sweetener) with white chocolate cream(quark and white choc highlights(2syns but when divided by everyone its basically nothing) and winter berries(get a frozen pack and put loads of sweetener on top-as it unfreezes the sweetener becomes a sort of syrup with the juices) )FREE!!
Chocolate cheesecake-recipe on website(5syns a slice)
Apple Pie-recipe on website(5syns a slice)
scan bran ferraro rouche(1/2syn)
use mullerlight as 'custard'

Drinks
make interesting drinks by mixing sugar free diluting juice with any diet fizzy drink.is a lot of fun and you can make really interesting things with it.
Note-if not having slices of cheesecake or apple pie then have some low syn alcohol
vodka/malibu/martini(2.5syns) plus diet mixer

total syns-14
so leaving 1syn for the last chocolate of your advent calendar or a chocolate coin or something

:)

Please Mr Ajudicator Sir, can we misuse free food for one day and one day only and not syn it?!

:cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross:

I'm going to misuse all food for one day only and not syn it!! :D

I start the day with chocolate followed by scrambled eggs and smoked salmon in a croissant.

Lunch is whatever the restaurant we choose to go to is serving but I will have turkey as my main.

Supper will be nibbles - as we won't have left over turkey, I will cook a small turkey on Xmas Eve and this will be for our floury bap turkey sandwiches.

Forgive me Phil, I will syn.

My day will be Extra Easy! This year I’m not drinking, as I’m on standby for work, so it means I can eat my syns…woohoo!

Breakfast
I think this is a lovely festive breakfast! We usually have something along these lines. Often with champagne! But not this year.
Smoked salmon – around half a pack of trimmings. Free
Scrambled eggs – 2 eggs. Free
Served on half a toasted wholemeal muffin – 4 syns

Lunch
The main event! Little else food required during the day after this lot…
Starter:
Melon wrapped in Parma ham - ½ syn (per 28g of ham – will probably be less than this but to be fair, will count the syns anyway!)
Main:
Roast turkey (skin removed) 2 slices of breast meat - Free
Roasted root vegetables (potatoes, parsnips, carrots, beetroot, butternut squash), done in frylight, with fresh herbs and balsamic vinegar – Free
Brussel sprouts cooked with bacon (trimmed) and onion – Free
Mashed carrot and swede - Free
Pigs in blankets – Morrisons eat smart pork sausage (cut in half) wrapped in bacon (trimmed) – Free
Gravy – a good glug! Made with 1tbsp cornflour for the lot, which shared between the family will probably work out at ½syn per portion.
1tbsp cranberry sauce – 1 syn
Dessert:
Christmas ‘cake’ made as per the classic Weetabix cake recipe but jazzed up a bit to make it more Christmassy, and served with Quark sweetened with Splenda. – 1 slice. 3½syns

Supper
Just picking really! Probably won’t be needed, but I haven’t used my HEs elsewhere. So I’ll eat it! And cos Phil said I have to…
Sandwich made with 2 slices of wholemeal bread (B), leftover turkey and a wedge of cheese (A) and salad, for some token SS foods!
2 satsumas – Free

Snacks
Couple of satsumas/tangerines mid-morning – Free
Home made filo pastry mince pie – 4 syns

Drinks
Water, sugarfree cordial, diet coke, diet lemonade...nothing exciting as I'll be a non-drinker this Christmas!

Total syns: 13½ - that’s 1½ left for a celebration choccie or something!

Hellie - This is a brilliant menu, It deserves to be a Sticky.......

Thank you. X

Pssstt.. I didnt want to tell you but Ive been having white nimble all week since finding it in sainsburies :D

well you're just a big smelly poo bum white nimble bread eater and it's not fair! :cry::cry::cry:

great menus and ideas, but i dont think i will be taking part, as christmas is the only time i allow myself toast and dripping( i could eat it all the time) and lots of it.
Must admit i dont like all the mince pies and xmas cakes and all the xmasy foods (yes i am strange )

well you're just a big smelly poo bum white nimble bread eater and it's not fair! :cry::cry::cry:

I'll send you some for christmas :D

Gah! I have to spread the love before I rep you as well Hellie!

Oooh you're all lovely! :D When you've finished spreading the love elsewhere and can rep me again, I'm going to be on 15 stars! LOL!

Kidding - it's not about the rep. I'll just be happy if my ideas are useful to someone.

Actually...it is also about the rep. ;) :giggle:

Back