Syn free

8oz chicken livers
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
salt & black pepper
4oz cooked bacon, chopped
tub of very low fat fromage frais

Put onion, garlic, & herbs in pan and fry in Fry Light until the onion is soft, add liver and cook for about 7 mins. Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Add fromage frais a spoonful at a time until the consistency is the same as shop bought pate

Thanks Eve, I will give it a go. My post included links to previously posted recipes for the pates, etc, but yours sounds nice.

Many thanks:D

Last edited:
Just new to this but having family over at mine at xmas so i want it to be E.E and as me, hubby and mum are doing SW, hope they wont mind it being SW orientated

Breakfast - bacon, egg, mushroom and beans fry

Lunch -

starters =
(1)free vegetable soup (soup mix, carrots, potatoes, chicken
bovril).
(2) chicken liver pate (28g 4.5 syns) with salad and nimble toasted and cut in half like melba toast 2 nimble (HEB)

Main =
Turkey and ham no skin, gravy (1 syn) roasted potatoes using fry light, carrot and swede mash, mashed potatoes using milk and egg (HEA) roasted parsnips, stuffing (2 syns)

Dessert =

(1) melon, strawberries, grapes drizzled with honey 1tsp (1 syn)

We are not big dessert eaters but i will use the rest on sweets and snacks

Great thread idea!

OFFICIAL XMAS DINNER THREAD

I shall be going extra easy and this is our dinner:

ham, chicken, carrots, sw roasties, mash, broccoli, cauli, brussels, cabbage, bacon wrapped sausages, stuffing, 2 yorkshires (home made) and gravy
MAX 8 SYNS

What are the best sausages to use from tesco anyone???

POST UR XMAS DINNER MENU HERE!

:)

PLUS PLS POST

Syn Free Stuffing

Syn Free Gravy

recipes :) i am off to browse joe's sausages for sausages for my bacon wrapped's

I will also be EE for Christmas day, which is fine. But, I know I will blow all my syns and some on the baileys and a little bit of vino....

I will be going EE that day too but I make homemade stuffing not too sure what the syn value of it is?? If I tell you the recipe could some one let me know?

1 Onion
6 slices of white bread
mixed herbs/parsley
tea spoon of lard
1 egg

Thank you :)

errrrrrrrrrr no......... had no clue at all. Seeing as i only started back on sw 5 days ago (see my diary and the siggie below which says week1..........) you sound a little paranoid in fact.

I had not seen any other post but then i do generally post in diary and run as i have a very busy life outside of mini mins! Just want to get some ideas for xmas as i am only on day 5 on my new new journey

I had not seen any other post but then i do generally post in diary and run as i have a very busy life outside of mini mins! Just want to get some ideas for xmas as i am only on day 5 on my new new journey

Its maybe worth checking for similar threads if youre not familiar with the forum. Chances are if any of have a good idea, someone else has had it too lol

errrrrrrrrrr no......... had no clue at all. Seeing as i only started back on sw 5 days ago (see my diary and the siggie below which says week1..........) you sound a little paranoid in fact.

Apology excepted ...:D

Good luck on your journey

Phil x

( OMG those voices in my head... LOL! side effect of too many mullers):p

Ps thanks Starlight ...;)

This is our festive fayre this year,

EE Menu

Breakfast:

scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
Bucks Fizz (142ml) 4.5 syns

Christmas lunch:

pear and Stilton salad:
Pears
small amount of Stilton cheese (1/2oz) crumbled and served on a bed of salad leaves 2.75 syns

2oz goose 4 syns
roast pork (trimmed of fat)
SW roast potatoes
roasted parsnips, carrots, beetroot, onion, butternut squash and sweet potato cooked in fry light.
mashed potatoes
cauliflower
sweetheart cabbage
sprouts with bacon
quorn pigs in blankets
stuffing 1oz 2 syns
Bisto gravy 1 level tablespoons of granules 3.5 syns

Fresh strawberries, melon and pineapple with clotted cream (1 tablespoon) 4.5 syns

2 glasses of sparkling wine (125ml) 9 syns

Evening:

Cold cuts of turkey, beef and pork
eggs
rice salad with free veg
pasta salad with ham and free veg mixed with natural yogurt and spices
salad leaves
tomatoes
cucumber
celery
peppers
home made coleslaw with apple, carrots, celery, onion, and cabbage, and natural yogurt as dressing.
Whole meal roll (HEB)

Selection of cheese (will be using this as HEA)
grapes
apples

Diet drinks

Total syns for the day 30 1/4 (most of this is booze so if I don't have any and stick to soft drinks then the total syns will be 16 3/4)

PHIL!!! Did you decide on the winners? I mean...er...did your 'independent adjudicators' decide?!

x

Back