Christmas in the 70s - nostalgia alert!

My invisible friend was called Heffalumpty Bafflemehead.
He lived on the moon, and used to take me out flying at night.

He had an Aunt Joanna, who had an accident when a wardrobe fell on her.

Shall I leave now?

My invisible friend was called Heffalumpty Bafflemehead.
He lived on the moon, and used to take me out flying at night.

He had an Aunt Joanna, who had an accident when a wardrobe fell on her.

Shall I leave now?

Yes please !!! Who could possibley believe all that silly nonsense !!!

Was Aunt Joanna o.k ? Was the wardrobe damaged ? Did you get into trouble ?

Did Heffalumpty Bafflemehead have really good eyesight for night flying cos I know I hate driving at night ?

LOL !!!!!!

Yes please !!! Who could possibley believe all that silly nonsense !!!

Was Aunt Joanna o.k ? Was the wardrobe damaged ? Did you get into trouble ?

Did Heffalumpty Bafflemehead have really good eyesight for night flying cos I know I hate driving at night ?

LOL !!!!!!

Weeeeelllll...

She was fine, thank you. A little battered, but ok, once we got the wardrobe off. It was a fairly light wardrobe.

And HB's night vision was awesome. He flew in a strange contraption that wasn't a plane; I don't really know what it was, but it made perfect sense at the time, and was very comfortable to sit in.

I think maybe I spent too much time on my own...

At night I used to be able to hover above ground and cover the ground at speed. I truly believed it happened the sensation was so real.

Really pleased Aunt Joanna was o.k. phew, feel better for knowing that.

Shucks missed out again !!!

Somehow Heffalumpty Bafflemehead doesn't quite roll off the tongue like Harry Potter.

Ok, Steve. But Heffalumpty Bafflemehead was one of the good guys.

Hagrid's inheritances all seem to be somewhat, well, dodgy!

We didn't do dolls in my family either - though there's only me and my sister. So I can't help. And I don't know the adverts either - cos we never EVER had ITV in our house, only BBC.

And I loved Spirograph, but no, I didn't become an architect.
I also loved Altair pads - anyone remember those? You coloured in the shapes to make really exciting patterns!

We also had some wooden building stuff, called Connector. Does anyone else remember that?

I must admit we only ever watched BBC. I can't remember exactly why now. We only ever saw ITV when I visited my Gran's.

I use to sit for hours with my Altair pad. I also had Girls World and roller skates.

As far, as tv programmes are concerned. Take Hart and Grange Hill were great

I had a wardrobe fall on me once. Well, two actually.. They were at opposite ends of the room and I tied a skipping rope between them and tried to high jump over them off the bed that was between them, must have been no more than 5, so 70s and therefore on topic - anyway long story short, missed the jump, landed on the rope, pulled wardrobes over, one on top of the other and both on top of me.

As I recall they weren't THAT heavy, but it may explain a few things...

I had Sindy! But the one that really sticks in my mind is Anna & Happytime, which was a horseriding doll, & a "fully posable" horse! I loved it with a passion! But can still recall the year I asked for the full showjumping kit, but got a letter from Santa instead, saying he couldnt get it for me, & he was very sorry...:rolleyes:. Oddly though, the writing was exactly the same as my mum's handwriting..!!!! Never understood why Santa had handwriting exactly like my mum's... :eek:

I had a wardrobe fall on me once. Well, two actually.. They were at opposite ends of the room and I tied a skipping rope between them and tried to high jump over them off the bed that was between them, must have been no more than 5, so 70s and therefore on topic - anyway long story short, missed the jump, landed on the rope, pulled wardrobes over, one on top of the other and both on top of me.

Explains it all!
;)

Ah so that's why I relate to you so well. My brothers locked me in a wardrobe and then pushed it over with me in it lol !!!! They were sods !!!

Yes, they might explain a bit.

I was dropped on my head when I was a baby...

Sooooooooo..........say no more, explains the imaginary friend perhaps and the name !!!!

big hugs friends xxxxx:)

Back