• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Puddings Christmas made extra easy

Hi Everyone :)

I love this SW book but I was wondering if anyone has made the Christmas cake in it ??? It looks lush, so I just want some confirmation if anyone has made it and thinks its as good as it looks!!!

Thanks in advance

PS Has anyone made anything else from this book ? I'd love to hear about it.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
The book sounds great. I don't go to class so don't see the recipe books they sell. I'd love the recipe for the Christmas cake though if you wouldn't mind posting it here or messaging me with it!

If I have a chance over the weekend I'll post it, but its a long one so I wont make any promises! The whole book is great, I'd recommend it :)

I have done the Red Cabbage and the Whiskey orange triffle. Both lovely and I would recommend the book. I portion up the red cabbage as it freezes really well. Great to have with sausage casserole or spicey chicken.

gobolino said:
Hi Everyone :)

I love this SW book but I was wondering if anyone has made the Christmas cake in it ??? It looks lush, so I just want some confirmation if anyone has made it and thinks its as good as it looks!!!

Thanks in advance

PS Has anyone made anything else from this book ? I'd love to hear about it.
So has anyone else tried any of the recipes. I am tempted with the beetroot soup and that chutney... maybe when I get back from my hold I will give it a go

I've made a few things out of it

-mince tarts: tasted and looked great but because the pastry was so short (i.e. less butter) it was really fiddly to roll out and kept tearing. Got there in the end though. I also halved the recipe to make 16 but only ended up with 13. (I think I rolled the pastry a bit thick).

-mushroom filo crackers: again lovely, though a bit fiddly but that's just cause it was filo pastry. Maybe not worth the effort but good for a special occasion

-lime and ginger spritzer: really lovely and refreshing. Even OH liked it and he's a Guinness man. I wasn't sure what ginger cordial was though so used ginger beer and adjusted syns.

-tikka drumsticks. yum yum yum, well worth it and a good year round dinner.

there's some lovely recipes in the book now i look. I might be more adventurous this week!