Christmas

I am too but for all the wrong reasons lol !!!!

Every year for the last 25 years we have had between 20 and 30 people here for Christmas day and I have enjoyed it but am always very stressed out in the lead up to Christmas and until the first course is on the table.

I always do a choice of three starters, huge turkey , an enormous piece of pork, Quorn and all the trimmings. I do Christmas pudding, trifle, peaches in Brandy, mince tarts and petite fours. Loads of wine and spirits and liqueurs and beer go with the meal.

We always have, a Jew, a Muslim and a vegetarian so meal planning is not easy.

This year I have said " sorry folks, this year I am not doing it " It is such a relief.

We will pick up the old lady and do a very nice Christmas lunch, take her home at about 6p.m. and have the evening with just us and our lovely animal family the T.V. and all the Christmas reruns.......bliss !!!

On Boxing day I will do a buffet lunch for about 10 of us.

I love Christmas and everything about it, but this year I want a break.

Bah humbug!

Im loving it already, i think i like the run up to christmas more than i actually enjoy christmas itself!

just bought all my cards for the family, the ones with mum and dad and son on, and it cost me £15 ,thats before i even buy a present!!

im with you Sue, this year i want a break and to relax more over christmas, sounds like you have a plan :D

I love xmas im sooo excited and my birthday is also the 29th of december :)

I have been waiting ages for the shops to clear Halloween stuff and it all to Christmas like :)
My OH told me off for buying to many Christmas decorations lol

i dont think you can EVER have too many chrimbo decorations!!! i love my oversized penguin doorstops!!! they are the best....i get very sad in Jan when they have to come down!!! haha! x

I was in Primark on Sunday and eyeing up all their stuff - its like soooo ace/cheap!! haha! x

Back