Christmas :/

For me xmas day and boxing day are not the problem, its all the mince pies (yum yum!!!)etc that end up in the staff room at school that i will be trying to resist for the entire month of december lol! How many sins are in just a mince pie i wonder....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Cakes, Mince pie, individual average each
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] 11 Syns on either day:eek::eek::eek::eek:
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]​

I hadn't thought that far ahead, was hoping to be at target my xmas, and going to In laws on xmas day. will try my best to stick to plan, by making yummy homemade soups ect, but will alsp treat myself to a yummy pudding.

But so far have 3 xmas parties on run upto xmas, which involve 3 course meals...just have to plan, plan, plan......

I have started to think of this as a way of eating, rather than a diet, as once i have lost the weight, i think the hardest thing is to keep it off.

I love Xmas so I've decided to keep on the plan till Xmas Eve - then have three days off SW and focus on quality over quantity!

I've already decided that I'm not going to shop like we're expecting to be snowed in and only buy a couple choc/sweets - from Thorntons or Hotel Chocolate rather than the tins and boxes of Roses, Matchmakers etc.

The difficulty is now - I see that the shops are already getting thier Xmas range of chocs in!:(

The plan is to get back onto the plan straight after Boxing Day and continue to go to Group - no matter what I've eaten!

That's the plan anyway...

I am gonna have a week off the diet. I am gonna enjoy every minute aswell. I am especially looking forward to my big box of Ringtons chocolate brazils. I am not even gonna think about the syn value. Ohh I can't wait.

for me, christmas day is there to be enjoyed!!

i'll second that!

i'll probably have xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day off as we usually do buffet food on xmas eve.

will ask my parents just to buy me 1 or 2 bars or small boxes of chocolates. but i will be stuffing my face - it's the one time of the year where you're allowed to binge without feeling guilty! :D i can't bloody wait! lol

i'll second that!

i'll probably have xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day off as we usually do buffet food on xmas eve.

will ask my parents just to buy me 1 or 2 bars or small boxes of chocolates. but i will be stuffing my face - it's the one time of the year where you're allowed to binge without feeling guilty! :D i can't bloody wait! lol

I think I am going to see where I am at the time. I know that I will have Xmas day and Boxing day off plan, but agree with the earlier post of quality rather than quantity!

Hi, I'm new here, but I have been thinking about how to handle Christmas too, think I am going to have Christmas day and Boxing Day off, but keep well clear of the chocs (try!!) hopefully wont do too much damage that way, actually dont like xmas pud that much its the trifle i'll need to stay away from!!

I am gonna try and plan around it this year, allow myself a few treats. im not bothered by the chocolate, its more about the savory like crisps and twiglets ect for me, i think the best thing to do is not buy too much, if it aint there u cant eat it!!
i will try and stick to red day on xmas day and hav lots of meat n veg and a couple of roasties or a jacket (im not a big fan of roasts!)
we can do it, just plan plan plan like emski said!!

Hey , well xmas will be the diet totally out the window for me , i am going to canada for 2 weeks over xmas and new year and i am going to enjoy myself!! then worry about it when i get back hehe. xx

Good for you Pipz.
I hadn't thought about it but with the wedding coming up I couldn't afford to go mad over Christmas. I had hoped to be at goal for Christmas but it doesn't look likely now.
It's my last Christmas at home with my family before me and my partner have to spend it together (lol)! Don't mean that as it sounds but because we just live together now we spend the day apart and then meet up in the evening but our families assume that once we're married we'll spend Christmas together. I'll try and enjoy mum's dinner before I have to spend the day with the in-laws!!
My weakness is After Eights (you might know that already!), matchmakers and cocktail sausages!!

I normally spread christmas over 2 weeks and eat like a pig every day so I'll just have 2 naughty days this year (that's the plan anyway). I don't like christmas pudding or mince pies but I usually stuff myself with chocolate and crisps/snacks and oh, the drinks and liqeurs! It's not unusual for me to put on half a stone over christmas so I'll definitely have to curb it this year.

Glad I aint alone then! Will be so much fun!

Im just not gna try and pick!!!! lol
xxx

Back