Christmas!!

Gemma1986

Im just me!
Hi,
I no i am bloody early,but ...
I was just woundering what you all do for xmas,i will have a few days off over xmas then come back on for a few days before new years even then have a few days off as i still want to enjoy my self,will you all do that 2? Or just me the pig!! ...
Hoping i will be back at my lowest again :)

I think its really important to enjoy christmas , after all only comes once a year!, I think i will be really good the lead up to it then really relax on Christmas day but just not go too mad, which will be a task as there is always so much food around!!!:D

i just keep thinking i want to be nice and slim for those January sales!...

xxxx

I'm going to take 3 days off - Christmas Day, Boxing Day and either New Years Eve or Day, won't point these days at all - will do my best to stick to my points all the other days.

Ive got a fortnight off over the christmas period so will try to exercise every day to counter the effects of too much good food and beer!!!

good idea,i am not gonna let the diet spoil my christmas period,also i want to be slim for the next sale after xmas!

I usually cut loose completely on christmas day, enjoy boxing day and do the same for new years eve and day too. We don't buy loads of biscuits/chocolates/cakes etc anymore as they only have to be eaten, and there's usually enough food about in december as it is!

When i used to go to SW classes the leader was really funny as she'd see 'christmas' rather than just a couple of days, but as the whole of december and well into January too. She'd always recount tales of how her and her family got through huge tins of quality street in one evening - and that was always before they got near to christmas day!

I think it's important to enjoy christmas, but you need to stay in control to some degree!!

Reactions: Sez
I'm having Xmas eve, Xmas day and boxing day off. Also New Years Eve. We always have a little party Xmas eve with kiddy party type food. Then boxing day have a big buffet with meats, chips, salads, pickles etc. It wouldn't be Christmas without them :rolleyes: I don't really eat crazy amounts Christmas day anyway. I have my main meal which apart from the roasters and pigs in blankets is pretty healthy, a naughty dessert and not much in the evening 'cos I'm too stuffed!

Oh well if everyone is taking 4 days off I might as well.....................

Christmas was what started my downfall last year. I had lost 8st on LL, took Xmas off, then that lead to me evetually regaining stones.....

and here I am!!

I only hope I have learned from that experience!

Christmas is a pig of a time for everyone on a diet i think Sez, so dont worry about it - you know what you have to do and even if you put on a few pounds its just getting back on the wagon which is the hardest part. I love xmas because I get to see all my family, but I hate xmas because of all the travelling I have to do and the temptations! There is a war between all my parental groups every xmas as now my dad has met someone else and his previous wife (my stepmam) and I are really close that means I have yet another family group to see, so this xmas will be as follows:

xmas eve / morning until around 11:30 - ma n pa (OH's parents) in Gateshead
xmas lunch time / afternoon until 5 or so - my mum's in Darlington
xmas teatime / evening - step mam's in Darlo
boxing day - wales for my dad + new fiancé

and worst thing about it is.. we're having xmas lunch AGAIN on boxing day.. I'm thinking Core will be a good idea for that week!

Like a few have said before me - I'm looking forward to the sales so if I have to plan and be strict before xmas I will be, so I can enjoy a few drinks and some pigs in blankets on the day! :)

I intend to stick to WW through Christmas... for me Christmas eve is nothing special, Christmas day is just a roast with chocolate (i dont like christmas pud), Boxing day I probably wont be able to point as it will be lots of party type food on a buffet at my fiances parents' house. New years doesnt need special food, only alcohol which I can point.

So, no need to ditch the diet for me this Christmas. I too have 2 weeks off over the holiday period and plan to exercise more so that I can earn some extra points for chocolate and drinkies!

xxx

I will be off work from Xmas Eve right through till 5 January and the way I'm feeling atm will probably sleep all the way through ha ha.

Seriously though, I will probably do a modified version of Up Day Down Day over Christmas, which is where you diet quite strictly on alternate days and then eat what you want within reason on the others. I should be able to maintain over Xmas if I do that. I'm not expecting to lose, but I really don't want to gain.

Good idea Karen. I think I will follow suit :D

I am dreading Christmas.......but can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I love Christmas but I really really don't want to gain weight this year - I usually put a good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) half a stone on though :(

I've always heard, in the various slimming classes I have attended over the years, that it's not Christmas Day that's the problem, it's when it becomes Christmas Week!

For me, any weight I put on tends to actually be before Christmas and it's because I get invited to so many meals out! And they are always three courses with Xmas Pud!

I've always heard, in the various slimming classes I have attended over the years, that it's not Christmas Day that's the problem, it's when it becomes Christmas Week!

For me, any weight I put on tends to actually be before Christmas and it's because I get invited to so many meals out! And they are always three courses with Xmas Pud!

Thats it in a Brazil nut shell!! Christmas Week IS the killer!!

Back