Chryssa's "lets get healthier" Food Diary..

Just seen that you said you are going to do this permanently for the health benefits - me too! The horizon programme and all the reading I;ve sone since just blew me away. Weight loss is almost a pleasant side effect when you consider all the other benefits.

I already 'feel' better. I can't put my finger on how exactly, but I just do. I don't seem to have as many mad food cravings? Maybe its because I'm not in a constant cycle of denial/over indulging. Also my skin is really good.

I read that Michael Mosley who presented the Horizon doc has moved to a 6:1 version as he was getting too skinny!

I feel better just because finally I feel like I am doing something for my health. I know it is very hard for me to eat sensibly for life, and of course it is not achievable to be on a diet forever, but this is doable. It is such a small sacrifice to fast 2-3 days a week and it really makes me happy!

I didn't see the programme but I've read about it, it is not available on iplayer any more. I'll have to try to get it on youtube or something...

I had a DD from Sunday at 7 and kept it to 500 cals. Really looking forward to breakfast (my favourite quorn sausages and eggs - no bread)

Thats my Saturday morning breakfast, with some burgen soya and linseed toast. Best meal of the week!

well done on your loss this week, and your attitude is great...there's no rush when it is for the rest of your life!

I feel better just because finally I feel like I am doing something for my health. I know it is very hard for me to eat sensibly for life, and of course it is not achievable to be on a diet forever, but this is doable. It is such a small sacrifice to fast 2-3 days a week and it really makes me happy!

I didn't see the programme but I've read about it, it is not available on iplayer any more. I'll have to try to get it on youtube or something...

Completely agree with you and Louise...I feel like I'm gaining a few years of healthy life to enjoy, as well losing a few pounds!

Had a really good DD yesterday (around 400 cals) and still not feeling hungry.

Really pleased with an improvement on my skin BUT really worried about the fat measurements on my scales. I have those electronic body fat monitor scales, and even though I never paid too much attention to the fat measurements, it was always going down. However since my last WI they’ve gone up! I feel slimmer, and I know I’ve lost weight but worry that my lack of exercise and overeating on UDs might mean that its not fat I’m losing. Need to buy a measuring tape me thinks!!!!

I was almost going to buy a set of those scales this - then I thought it might not be so good as I tend to get a bit bogged down with figures and its bad enough for me obsessing over the weight reading so might leave that idea for now!

I think feeling slimmer seems to be a common theme on this diet sometimes the scales take a while to catch up. Don't worry too much about it.

Had a really good DD yesterday (around 400 cals) and still not feeling hungry.

Really pleased with an improvement on my skin BUT really worried about the fat measurements on my scales. I have those electronic body fat monitor scales, and even though I never paid too much attention to the fat measurements, it was always going down. However since my last WI they’ve gone up! I feel slimmer, and I know I’ve lost weight but worry that my lack of exercise and overeating on UDs might mean that its not fat I’m losing. Need to buy a measuring tape me thinks!!!!

well done on the great dd!
my scales are not always very accurate with the fat percentage, it varies at different times of day and day to day.
M understanding is that we can tend to lose muscle if we go too low on calories for a fair bit of time, so unless you've been doing that your losses will be fat, water or glycogen. All of which are fine! (Please someone correct me if I've got this wrong)

Thanks for your replies ladies! I think I worked it out... The perecentage is gone up but my weight has gone down, so there is less fat in my body now.

UD yesterday, not my worst so far because I decide that I would have noting to eat after 8.. Maybe that should be my new rule for UDs...Itis my 3rd DD today and then I'm looking forward to the weekend. Work has been hectic so I cannot wait!

Had a few nice UDs, not too worried about how much I ate, I've decided that for as long as I'm losing weight I will not worry about UDs. If I start maintaining or gaining I'll look into increasing the DDs and keeping better track of food on UDs.

Started my long DD at 18:00, so I plan to have 500 cals from now to Tuesday morning. Then as usual Tuesday UD, Wednesday DD and after that mostly UDs until 6 pm on Sunday.

I think we are doing something similar. I stopped eating at 8pm tonight (bit later than I wanted but I wrecked the dinner!) and will have 500 cal from now until Weds morning. I do that twice a week, how many dd's do you have?

I think we are doing something similar. I stopped eating at 8pm tonight (bit later than I wanted but I wrecked the dinner!) and will have 500 cal from now until Weds morning. I do that twice a week, how many dd's do you have?

I have a minimum of two DDs. The plan I follow is 5:2, but when I'm in the mood I have three (M-W-F), or I start early on the Sunday. The week just gone that plan failed as I only did two DDs and didn't even stop eating at 18:00 on Sunday. Grrrr. I'll try again this week...

WI today, and lost the usual half kilo, so I'm really happy again!

UD today, and DH is making homemade kebabs. Yummmy!!!!! I cannot wait for dinner time :D

Well done! Half a kilo is brill - enjoy your kebabs! x

Well done on your loss again. Ooh home made kebabs, yumm!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you! dinner was lovely. The kebabs proved to be Kofte (meatballs) lost in translation. Loved them though - yummy dinner. Ate quite a lot but managed to stay of wheat so not too bothered about it.

I was walking home after work tonight and I was thinking how this (5:2) will be my plan for life and realised that this time not only I can meet my target of reaching a healthy BMI but I will be actually slim again. I cannot say how long it will take, but I know I will get there.

DD tomorrow, and once again I'm looking forward to it

It's a nice feeling isn't it. I can see myself doing this forever too. And the weird thing is that I'm not worried about getting as slim as I can as fast as I can like I would be with any other diet. I know it will happen so there's no need to rush it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back