Alternating JUDDD with WW - my diary

pommychic

Hi there,
I joined weightwatchers in September and enjoy the weekly weigh in, friends I have made, accountability and also the fact I attend the meetings with my Mum so it's nice to do something together.
However, officially, I don't have too much weight to lose so I am finding the weight loss very painfully slow and also the scale fluctuates so much. I need something else to get the weight loss rocketing downwards so I have decided ,after a bit of research over the festive holidays, to (starting tomorrow) incorporate intermittent fasting with my weightwatchers plan.

I am dreading getting on the scales in the morning but needs must and I obviously need a starting point. I took nearly two weeks off the diet to enjoy Xmas and New Year.

I have tried the 5:2 diet on its own a couple of years ago but didn't lose anything. I ate too much on the normal days which destroyed the weekly calorie deficit.

This week, I plan to do 500 calorie days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. My WW weigh in day is Saturday so hopefully that will undo some of the damage done from Xmas.

I plan on taking a nutribullet nutriblast to work with me to sip on during the day, my favourite 10 calorie miso soup with zero noodles mixed in, and I've made a batch of homemade soup at 69 cals per serving so will use two servings of that to fill up on. It's going to be tough as I love snacking and love chocolate but I really feel very bloated and flabby after the two weeks I've had off the diet. I also have a holiday in March to Lanzarote to use as my major incentive. I think I weigh approx 10.10 so would love to see a figure starting with a nine for the holiday.

Wish me luck! Andrea X

4/1/2016 - 10.12lbs. First DD completed - 482 calories

Well morning after my first DD been rewarded by a 3 pounds drop! Yay!
First UD today and this is where it can all go wrong by me over eating! Trying not to make the same mistake as a few years ago by keeping my eye on what's going in my mouth!

5/1/2016 - 10.9lbs

It feels really good, doesn't it? :)

I deal with UDs as thought they are MDs (Medium Days). So I have either breakfast or lunch. So my porridge breakfast is a rather large portion with a lump of marmalade stirred in. That keeps me going for long enough for a tiny bit of willpower to see me through to tea. If I wait until lunch I usually go OTT and have panini and a muffin. But I have learned to eat it early, or I feel to full for tea... sometimes. Doing this seems to keep my kcal count right and, after a few days, those 'ghost' hunger pangs at bay too.

Onwards and downwards, as dieters say :D

Well morning after my first DD been rewarded by a 3 pounds drop! Yay!
First UD today and this is where it can all go wrong by me over eating! Trying not to make the same mistake as a few years ago by keeping my eye on what's going in my mouth!

5/1/2016 - 10.9lbs
Good result Andrea!

Well I ended up yesterday eating 1550 calories
Today I had my second DD which I have nearly completed..will be a little over 500 calories.
Weigh in tomorrow morning so fingers crossed I will see a number I like!

It feels really good, doesn't it? :)

I deal with UDs as thought they are MDs (Medium Days). So I have either breakfast or lunch. So my porridge breakfast is a rather large portion with a lump of marmalade stirred in. That keeps me going for long enough for a tiny bit of willpower to see me through to tea. If I wait until lunch I usually go OTT and have panini and a muffin. But I have learned to eat it early, or I feel to full for tea... sometimes. Doing this seems to keep my kcal count right and, after a few days, those 'ghost' hunger pangs at bay too.

Onwards and downwards, as dieters say :D

Thanks for the tips. I have learned that tracking everything I am eating even on UDs is keeping me in check.

5/1/2016 - 10.9lbs
15/12016 - 10.7 lbs.
Really pleased with the results on the scales today. I've decided to stop weighing everyday as it was driving me mad seeing the scale going up and down. Today is the day after a UD so very pleased.

Hi Pommy
Popping by to subscribe. Your doing really well. X

Thanks Lisa! I've actually made a few tweaks since I started. The first tweak I've made is I've cancelled my weightwatchers membership. It was driving me mad changing from myfitnesspal on my 500 cal days to the weightwatchers app on non fast days. Last week, I did two DD's and the rest of the week I just stuck to 1500 calories which is my TDEE. I was rewarded with a two pound loss so I've decided to do the same this week and see how I go. I have also started a home DVD workout programme that involves working out 6 days a week. It will be interesting to see how doing this effects the scales.

Hi Pommy,

How are you?
A two pound loss is fantastic.
I'm on my first fast today and am counting down till dinner.

I'm also going to lanzarote. Have you been there before? We went last year and loved it so going back this year with a bikini body I hope.

What dvd are you doing? I used to do shaun t but gave up after week 7.
X

I am sort of doing something similar with slimming world. How are you getting on?

Hi Pommy,

How are you?
A two pound loss is fantastic.
I'm on my first fast today and am counting down till dinner.

I'm also going to lanzarote. Have you been there before? We went last year and loved it so going back this year with a bikini body I hope.

What dvd are you doing? I used to do shaun t but gave up after week 7.
X

I'm so sorry this is so late!

I have been having some personal issues so have ended up on medication which has resulted in a massive weight gain of over a stone! I've weighed this morning and I am 11 stones 7 pounds!

I am ready to get back in the saddle and get this weight off! I am no longer on the medication that has caused the weight gain so I am really hoping this weight will come off quickly! I'm planning on using JUDDD.

How are you getting on?

Andrea xx

I am sort of doing something similar with slimming world. How are you getting on?

Check out my reply to Lisa. I am back on it today after a massive blip. How are you getting on with slimming world? There's a fantastic class near me which I tried but I just couldn't get my head round the diet and I was eating massive amounts of "free" foods for the sake of it so I didn't lose. It was a shame as I loved the leader as she was lovely and so motivational. I'm back doing JUDDD. What are you doing? Take care Andrea x

Back