Chunky Dunking, taking the plunge and losing the flab!

The Leslie walks are amazing, they have literally changed my attitude towards exercise, i love that i can do them at any time in my own home for free.

Now that i have been doing them for a few weeks i put a program on my TV that i really enjoy and then do my walks on the while watching them, it makes them go quicker and makes me feel so much better =)

Honestly please give them a go, if you are worried about fitness levels then start with the one mile walk and do that for a few days, you can work your way up the miles as and when you feel ready, they might also help get you ready for 30 day shred x

I am scared to try them again lol but think i might try stage one again tomorrow, hmmm might have to do it after i have been to the post office in case my legs fall off lol x

1lb off for me this morning, can't say I'm elated but I was expecting a STS for my lack of efforts. But I'm back, I will do it, even if it takes time. 1lb off is better than on!

Ooh I'm actually quite excited to get back into it! I can't promise I'll be saying that when I'm sweating buckets, red in the face and telling Jillian to naff off, but we'll see!
I've decided to give up the 30 day challenges for a while, I think they're actually putting me off, because I was so muscly, now doing 50 squats knackers my legs for like 3 days and it's painful, think it'll be better to do that once my general fitness levels are up!

So plan for today:

Breakfast: Apple and nectarine
Lunch: Sushi and Edamame
Dinner: Either parmasan crumbed haddock, chips and salad or pulled pork (hoping for this one as Boy owes me!), wholemeal bun, s/potato chips, coleslaw (homemade) and veggies

10 mins cross trainer, as much as I can manage of Jillian L1, and some squat-boxing. Fingers crossed. I might even make Boy join in, half to spur me on, and half as punishment for sarnies etc!
XxX

I know I'm a fine one to talk after my rant this week but a loss is the best thing to see on the scales no matter how much it is.

You should get boy to join in and beast him! Pulled pork sounds lovely but so does the haddock so it's win/win in my eyes lol you're owed pork so put your foot down!! I think you're doing the right thing with the exercise. It's easy to have these big ideas we get but in theory it's just too painful, ease yourself back in and you'll find you're enjoying it again which will naturally make you want to do more xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*pokes head through window*

Congrats on your loss Hun. It's better than a maintain and definitely better than a gain, take the win! I know we hate to see little numbers but in the grand scheme every little helps (damn tesco for ruining that lol)

Anyhoo, just wanted to show my mug, send a virtual hug/boot up the bum *delete as appropriate

;) :bighug: xxx

I know I'm a fine one to talk after my rant this week but a loss is the best thing to see on the scales no matter how much it is.

You should get boy to join in and beast him! Pulled pork sounds lovely but so does the haddock so it's win/win in my eyes lol you're owed pork so put your foot down!! I think you're doing the right thing with the exercise. It's easy to have these big ideas we get but in theory it's just too painful, ease yourself back in and you'll find you're enjoying it again which will naturally make you want to do more xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's what I'm hoping for. After last time I was in so much pain I couldn't do anything, so I didn't for 3 days and then it was like "Oh I really just can't be bothered!" At least hopefully with Jillian she's an all over workout so I should just be a little tender, not unable to walk and then I'll give myself a day in between to recover (It aint getting done for 30 days straight!!)
XxX

*pokes head through window*

Congrats on your loss Hun. It's better than a maintain and definitely better than a gain, take the win! I know we hate to see little numbers but in the grand scheme every little helps (damn tesco for ruining that lol)

Anyhoo, just wanted to show my mug, send a virtual hug/boot up the bum *delete as appropriate

;) :bighug: xxx

Hug and boot both thoroughly appreciated!! :D
XxX

I've just worked out my day for sh*ts and giggles on my fitness pal. No wonder I was losing 5lbs a week before! My entire day today (which is pretty average I think) is 1100 cals (I was probably averaging about 100 more on SW, but not more than that I don't think) but my exercise total - Jillain plus cross trainer and my under desk bike at work...502 calories burnt! my average calorie intake per day was about 600! 5lbs steady losses have been explained! That's like a 10000 calorie deficit! Jeeezzz!

That's a huge deficit when you work it out! Are you tempted or go back to that or are you seeing why you found it so hard to get back to? xx

That's a huge deficit when you work it out! Are you tempted or go back to that or are you seeing why you found it so hard to get back to? xx

I was mainly checking to work out how many cals I'd burn doing 30DS (sneakily to see if it could get me a cookie after dinner but shh) and thought "I'll just work out an average day if I start doing exercise again" and was a bit shocked. Right now it's estimating that with all my food for today, minus the cals burnt from exercise, I've earnt myself another 600 calories worth of food.

I'd love to be losing 4-5lbs a week again, if only for a while, but looking at it it does seem a bit crazy, though I wasn't hungry before at all so not sure I could fit another 600 calories in there if I'm honest! Nice to have some wiggle room if I fancy something, but 600 more everyday is pushing it.

This is where calories confuse me, if I'm eating the right amount but burn it off, does it count as unhealthy not to use the rest, and technically only have 500 a day, because otherwise I'll be eating loads! :S
XXX

Yeah it is a bit confusing. It's finding the balance between your body getting all it needs but still losing weight and at a nice rate so it keeps you going. Ask your nutritionist buddy she will know what you should be aiming for xx

I am confused about this too, I usually eat 1200 calories a day and exercise between 300 and 600 calories a day on weeks I eat the calories back I STS but lose inches, if I don't eat them back I lose wright, I am trying to do a bit of both because if you go low for a long periods it can apparently hinder weight loss x

How many calories does level one of the shred burn do you think? X

Last edited:
You've inspired me, I'm going to do a work out DVD tomorrow morning and do it every other day until Jillian comes on my birthday, I might be fit enough to do the first 5 minutes then lol xx

I have just completed the first day of the 30DS and it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be, i think if i had done it a month ago i would have struggled more but the Leslie walks have allowed me to get a bit fitter and so i managed to do it all the way through, just need to see if i ache tomorrow as to whether i will do them daily or every other day x

I am confused about this too, I usually eat 1200 calories a day and exercise between 300 and 600 calories a day on weeks I eat the calories back I STS but lose inches, if I don't eat them back I lose wright, I am trying to do a bit of both because if you go low for a long periods it can apparently hinder weight loss x

How many calories does level one of the shred burn do you think? X

I'm okay with the not using up the exercise calories and having a loss, I just get confused, are we eating enough to keep our metabolisms up? I might not use them and then carry on doing my Friday night after weigh in treat (normally some form of Chinese or Pizza) that seemed to work nicely when i wa getting big losses, plus my OH's personal trainer reckons you need one bad meal a week to shock your body.

Level 1 works out at about 1.11x your weight in lbs. So mine is about 196 per 20 minutes. Though don't quote me on this, I stumbled upon it on MFP, but it does seem a little low.
XxX

I'm okay with the not using up the exercise calories and having a loss, I just get confused, are we eating enough to keep our metabolisms up? I might not use them and then carry on doing my Friday night after weigh in treat (normally some form of Chinese or Pizza) that seemed to work nicely when i wa getting big losses, plus my OH's personal trainer reckons you need one bad meal a week to shock your body.

Level 1 works out at about 1.11x your weight in lbs. So mine is about 196 per 20 minutes. Though don't quote me on this, I stumbled upon it on MFP, but it does seem a little low.
XxX

The big meal thing makes sense as i lost weight after i ate a burger last time but my tummy hurt all night as i am not used to the grease anymore, I worry about my metabolism which is why i do a bit of both but i get frustrated sometimes with how low my losses are each week x

Thank you mine is about 178 calories then, that's not too bad x

The big meal thing makes sense as i lost weight after i ate a burger last time but my tummy hurt all night as i am not used to the grease anymore, I worry about my metabolism which is why i do a bit of both but i get frustrated sometimes with how low my losses are each week x

Thank you mine is about 178 calories then, that's not too bad x

I get that too, never feel quite right after eating a greasy pizza!
It's not a bad amount, but after doing it, I'm sure it should be about 40000 calories off!
XxX

I'm sure you will! She certainly makes you sweat!!
XxX

30DS level 1 done (minus the ab ones, because I don't have a floor matt anymore and it hurt my back, but did crosstrainer for those levels so think it might cancel it out *fingers crossed*), 20 minutes on my under desk cycle at work. Body shaking like mad, not sure how I managed this all the time before my holiday. Feeling good though, a bit bad that I had to take stop breaks a few times, so doesn't feel like I've done it properly, but I'm feeling like I'm getting my grip on food and exercise back.

Boy's bringing home a small pizza and some sides for Friday night treat, and it's roughly the same calories for that as it was for pulled pork so I guess that's okay. Have haddock for tomorrow's dinner and soup Sunday so if I don't check in you know what I'm eating! Going to attempt cross trainer tomorrow (body will probably need a break from 30DS) and hopefully give Jillian another shot Sunday.

Now to stop shaking long enough to have a drink!
XxX

30DS level 1 done (minus the ab ones, because I don't have a floor matt anymore and it hurt my back, but did crosstrainer for those levels so think it might cancel it out *fingers crossed*), 20 minutes on my under desk cycle at work. Body shaking like mad, not sure how I managed this all the time before my holiday. Feeling good though, a bit bad that I had to take stop breaks a few times, so doesn't feel like I've done it properly, but I'm feeling like I'm getting my grip on food and exercise back. Boy's bringing home a small pizza and some sides for Friday night treat, and it's roughly the same calories for that as it was for pulled pork so I guess that's okay. Have haddock for tomorrow's dinner and soup Sunday so if I don't check in you know what I'm eating! Going to attempt cross trainer tomorrow (body will probably need a break from 30DS) and hopefully give Jillian another shot Sunday. Now to stop shaking long enough to have a drink! XxX

Well done, think of all the calories we have burned :) just need to see how much we ache tomorrow now eeek x

Well done you! Don't think of the bits you didn't manage just focus on all the stuff you did do and the extra with the under desk bike you're getting your mojo back I can feel it! xx

Back