Cinema popcorn... yes or no??

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm going to the cinema this afternoon with my nieces. I had planned to make some popcorn myself but didn't manage to find any popping corn stuff! So I was thinking, small salted popcorn... just how bad is it?!

Better than small sweet popcorn! What cinema are you going to? I think they vary from cinema, to cinema...

Blockbuster cinemas (do they still exist?!): Small Salted: 397cal/100g, 99cal/25g serving
Vue: Large Salted (I couldn't find any for small) 459cal/220g serving
And I couldn't find any for Odoen.

Alternatively, you could stop off and get a fruit salad or some fruit to take with you?

I recall small salted being low in Weight Watchers points, so it's probably not too bad calorie wise. Ask the server how big the portions are (it may say at the bottom of the cardboard box things that they put them in) - they might know.

Just be wary that they're probably high in, well, salt! So if you're weighing in soon you may get a bit of a nasty (fake) shock from water retention if you're prone to that sort of thing - it takes three days for it to get out of your system.

I might just not bother with popcorn to be honest, I don't think I'm really that bothered!

Don't do it if you're not bothered. Save the treats for when you are bothered and are like OMG WANT POPCORN MUST HAVE POPCORN OMMM NOOOMMM NOMMM...and THEN have popcorn. Hooray! PS I want some Popcorn now :) PS you can always google 'how many calories in Vue (or whatever cinema) popcorn?'...the answer is usually out there, somewhere.

It's a small independent cinema so can't google it! I didn't end up having any, decided there was no point having it just for the sake of it!

Back