Cinema popcorn... yes or no??

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Caz, 21 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I'm going to the cinema this afternoon with my nieces. I had planned to make some popcorn myself but didn't manage to find any popping corn stuff! So I was thinking, small salted popcorn... just how bad is it?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. leighleigh

leighleigh Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -1st4.5lb(-6.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Better than small sweet popcorn! What cinema are you going to? I think they vary from cinema, to cinema...

Blockbuster cinemas (do they still exist?!): Small Salted: 397cal/100g, 99cal/25g serving
    Vue: Large Salted (I couldn't find any for small) 459cal/220g serving
    And I couldn't find any for Odoen.

Alternatively, you could stop off and get a fruit salad or some fruit to take with you?

4. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    I recall small salted being low in Weight Watchers points, so it's probably not too bad calorie wise. Ask the server how big the portions are (it may say at the bottom of the cardboard box things that they put them in) - they might know.

Just be wary that they're probably high in, well, salt! So if you're weighing in soon you may get a bit of a nasty (fake) shock from water retention if you're prone to that sort of thing - it takes three days for it to get out of your system.

5. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    I might just not bother with popcorn to be honest, I don't think I'm really that bothered!

6. Agent Shagwell

Agent Shagwell Silver Member

Don't do it if you're not bothered. Save the treats for when you are bothered and are like OMG WANT POPCORN MUST HAVE POPCORN OMMM NOOOMMM NOMMM...and THEN have popcorn. Hooray! PS I want some Popcorn now :) PS you can always google 'how many calories in Vue (or whatever cinema) popcorn?'...the answer is usually out there, somewhere.

7. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    It's a small independent cinema so can't google it! I didn't end up having any, decided there was no point having it just for the sake of it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.