Cinnamon and oatmeal cookies

Trace1981

Hi all, just wanted to share a little tip today, Cinnamon and oatmeal cookies!
Make up porridge using 100ml of water, when cool, roll into 3 little balls and flatten on a baking tray, sprinkle with cinnamon bake for approx 10 mins and allow to cool! simply divine!!! :bliss:xxx

Hi all, just wanted to share a little tip today, Cinnamon and oatmeal cookies!
Make up porridge using 100ml of water, when cool, roll into 3 little balls and flatten on a baking tray, sprinkle with cinnamon bake for approx 10 mins and allow to cool! simply divine!!! :bliss:xxx

While this is nothing short of brilliant (!) I LOVE the porridge and if it's wrong to add a sweetner tablet, please don't tell me... my fav brekkie!

Aww just tried it, really dont like it lol, also think 100ml water is a bit much had to add far less to be able to roll x

I think the porridge varies slightly from batch to batch. I have had sweet batches and less sweet batches. Some go thicker quicker than others. Odd, but true! Haven't found this with soups or shakes.

I've just used a recipe I found on the AAW8 board- add 2-3 tsp water to the oatmeal, sqidge into dough, form a cookie shape and microwave for 40 secs. Yum! It's a cookie! Well, its a dry cookie... I did it for one minute. Will try 30 secs next time! Very glad I got the oatmeal now as I didn't like it made properly!

Thats a nice treat for a change! will try at the weekend.....

I might have a go too (although I do like the porridge). Even with my (lack of!) culinary prowess surely even I can't screw that up? :rolleyes:

I made one, forced myself to eat 3/4 of it then gave up as I hated it. Then again I just did it with oatmeal. Luckily that was the only pack of it I had.

I've just used a recipe I found on the AAW8 board- add 2-3 tsp water to the oatmeal, sqidge into dough, form a cookie shape and microwave for 40 secs. Yum! It's a cookie! Well, its a dry cookie... I did it for one minute. Will try 30 secs next time! Very glad I got the oatmeal now as I didn't like it made properly!

This one definitely works cos I've used it for the last 12 weeks!
I also crush a couple of sweeteners, mix with cinnamon and add to the "dough".
I've also found it tastier after popping into the freezer for about 2 mins (while I make a cuppa to enjoy it with)

im going to have to order some porridge as its the one meal i havent tried yet, god i love this diet now im not living on strawberry milkshakes..lol BG you made me laugh then because i know i would prob mess this up, i thought id make a cappuccino once with my milkshake but i put hot water in the blender omg big mistake it exploded the top flew off and the kitchen was covered lol never had one since..lol xx

I had the porridge for the first time today and it was surprisingly ok (the LL one is revolting!). Only ordered one pack of the porridge though so gutted that I can't try this recipe - next time I'll have to order more!

lastdiet4me - If you put hot water in a shaker then it does explode (quite spectacular I've heard!). However, if you use a hand blender instead you can make some lovely hot drinks.

Oh, a handblender! I'll have to try that. I have a blender but no hot liquids allowed, my sister blew hers up doing that. And I blew the top off my shaker too!

OOOH!! ok, im sooooo trying this later on! I love the oatmeal so it should be scrumptious!

Another shaker blower upper here too :). Mine was at work and was quite spectacular. Method 2 - I tried it again with a lot less liquid and it still went bang as the steam builds up incredibly quickly when you shake the stuff! Method 3 - tried a hand blender at home (can hardly do that at work in an open plan office) and that was unsuccessful (for me :rolleyes:) as it created a tsunami and I ended up with most of it on the worktop :D. Method 4 was shake up cold and microwave but that doesn't work for me as when I'm at work I can't use a microwave. Method 5 (the most successful for me to date) was shake up shake in 150ml cold water (ends up quite thick). Make up 300ml hot coffee and pour into shaker and then stir (don't shake!). Did that earlier this week and it was the best attempt I've tried. Not boiling hot but it was warm enough for me if drinking straight away.

Last edited:
What I've been doing to get a warm shake is pretty similar BG. Mixing in the shaker with some cold then pouring into a mug and topping up with hot, then stir. Warm enough to drink right away xx

I was like that this morning Giza. I had every intention of making the porridge into a biscuit but when it came to it I just made it up as usual and enjoyed it :)

I made the porridge bikkies in the microwave like someone advised and they went really dry and chewy, had to throw em away! Lol .. Still determined to make it work so im gonna have an attempt at doin them in the oven next and see how that goes!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back