Cinnamon???

scotsnat38

...does it affect Ketosis??
I had seen somewhere on this forum that someone had used cinnamon in packs and so thought I'd give it a shot. Now I've become addicted to banana mousse with cinammon!!

Does anyone know if it affects ketosis/weight loss???

I only lost 1 measly pound last week so I can't afford for anything else to stand in my way...I'm not managing all the water either! To begin with I was drinking 5-6ltrs a day and now am struggling with 3!!

I don't want the weight losses to start slowing!!

Hiya Scotsnat38,

Cinnamon does not affect Ketosis. I've done LL for 6 months and have had cinnamon in my hot chocolate every night before I go to bed. I have lost 6 1/2 stone. Enjoy!! :crazy:

I lurrrrve my cinnamon in hot banana shakes and also on mousses. On a diet like this, we need all the little tasty additions we can safely have!

i think all ground spices r ok...but not salt. im with RD....cinnamon in hot banana is gorgeous

mmm ... cinnamon. Jut got homw from a mega school trip, where 5 , yes 5!, of the little angels threw up on the coach on the way to Marwell Zoo.... What ajoy my job is at times!!

So I am about to make a hot banana drink, and now the thought of a cinnamon-y treat is making my mouth water!! Just the pick me up I need...

Will report back very soon!!

Why not salt chaps?

Because of the cramps in my legs a couple of weeks ago my LLC told me to put some salt in my packs and I've been doing that in order to keep them at bay.

Could the addition of salt account for the fact that I lost only 2lbs this week?

Confused!

We've been told that salt is okay but to go easy as it can encourage your body to retain water.

And cinnamon apparently increases your metabolic rate.

Not sure I liked the cinnamon in the banana shake, but if it speeds metabolism I mught be convinced to try again!!

Sonkie
I make mine by blending 300ml HOT water (not quite boiling ... 100ml boiling + 100ml cold) with a pack of banana shake and 1 tsp psyllium husks. I pour it into a big mug and sprinkle the cinnamon on top - voile: hot, drinkable banana custard!

I suppose if you wanted to eat it from a bowl, you could thicken the consistency with a little more PH.

Sorry for asking buts whats psyllium husk? were do you get it from? can it be used on LL? and will it affect ketosis? sorry again for all the questions but I haven't heard of it before

Sorry for asking buts whats psyllium husk? were do you get it from? can it be used on LL? and will it affect ketosis? sorry again for all the questions but I haven't heard of it before

Hi
Psyllium husks are the non-digestible outer husk of the psyllium plant. They absorb many times they're own weight in water and bulk out the digestive system preventing constipation. They also thicken up the shakes / soups and fill you up more (plus they're cal & carb free). They can be an acquired consistancy; they're not everyone's cup of tea but if you want some tips etc then feel free to PM me :)

Thank you for that now I need to ask one more question were do you buy it from ?:)

Back