citirc acid

iwillbethinagain

Silver Member
I know we aren't supposed to have citric acid, and I know why (some people's bodys rtreat it like sugar etc etc, brings you out of ketosis etc etc) but what people might be interested to know is that whilst citric acid as an additive (labeled as citric acid on the label in things such as diet coke etc) affects my losses citric acid in it's natural form (tomatoes, lemon juice, peppers, artichoke and some lettucs) don't affect me at all. Weird huh?

tis interesting, perhaps its more concentrated when used as an additive?
I think with many things, there are ideas that are widely recognised but slight differences from person to person too

That's really interesting. I wonder if it's to do with the messing around of the artificial stuff, the chemical processes it goes through before we take it in that gives off the mixed signals inside of us. I'll be eating salads on holiday next week containing all of those things you mention, will be interesting to see how I get on :)

Yeah, it is because of the citric acid in them, which affects some people but not others, it is also the reaosn we can't have diet coke. Diet coke stops ketosis for me, but lemon juice on my baked fish doesn't!

Back