ClaireL second chance diary

Ok - so spent yesterday late afternoon and early evening at the local outdoor pools, met son there after he had finished football camp, lovely couple of hours in the sun and water. Cycled there and back too - probably 20 mins each way.

Dinner yesterday was just a little of the left over pasta and meatballs as I didn't want to start cooking again, tasted even better than previous day so no problem there!!

had couple of glasses of wine after dinner - sitting in the garden - it just had to be done!!

Today is extra easy again:

Breakfast - beans on toast

Lunch: pasta with cabbage and mushrooms (tastes great - sounds weird!!) sprinkeld spoon of grated cheddar on top (half HEA)

Dinner: fish with something :p

HEA: Milk + cheese
HEB: not sure yet

syns = to be updated

Last edited:
last night we had fajitas for dinner, with LF sour cream 2 syns, and salad - I had some spicy SW chips with mine instead of the wrap, saving syns, but then blew them on a delicious ice cream sundae - 12 syns :eek:

so total syns for yesterday was 17 (as also had a bread roll (HEB) with spread as mid afternoon snack

Maybe o for a red day today - with possibility of it changing to extra easy later LOL!!

Breakfast - egg, sausage and bacon sarnie with tomatoes

Lunch: Tuna salad

Dinner: maybe BBQ (marinated chicken steaks) if OH get his backside to our B&Q equivalent for new gas cylinder! - or they will just be pan fried - not sure what to have with them though - this will be the decider making it red or EE!

HEB: bread
HEA:

Syns -1.5 = 0.5 for ELF mayo in mashed egg and 1 for 2 LF sausages (half syn each)

yesterday was extra easy

Breakfast: Scrambled egg and smoked salmon

Lunch: pasta with courgette and broccoli in a lemon/parsley and garlic dressing (very light and tasty) with bread roll
lunch.JPG

Dinner: chinese style chicken curry with rice 5 syns for curry sauce and 3 syns for prawn crackers plus glass of wine 6 syns

total syns 14

HEA: Milk
HEB: bread

today will no doubt be extra easy too - find these so much easier to fit in with family meals although I really like having 2 HEA and HEB to play with on original / green days.

Breakfast: meaty cooked breakfast - sausage x 2 (1 syn), bacon, egg, tomato and mushrooms

breakfast.JPG

Lunch: med roast veggies (pepper, courgette, red onion, cherry toms) with a little rice

will update the rest as we go along :D

Last edited:
Morning all - woke up feeling very smug with myself as yesterday was a very good day all in all:D - it's ages since I have felt that I am controlling what I eat and not the other way around - actually had a bit of a munchy day but all on plan so I am hoping this is OK - I hear you can eat till satisfied as long as you stay within syns and take superfree option where poss....

so to update from yesterday,, ended up having a sandwich, ham and tomato at about 3pm as I was really hungry and had only eaten very small portion of veggies and rice at "lunch" so 1 syn for lurpak lighter there.

dinner was rest of the left over rice, stir fried with peppers, onions, and prawns - so not really mega different from lunch but all the left overs are used up now and I can shop today with freedom!!

Went to bed early to read book (and hide from the wine!!) and was sooo tempted to get up and have a little something - not that I was hungry but the minimal syns used was playing on my mind!! actually stayed put so that in itself was a result :)

Completely undecided what plan to follow today, (not green) but red or extra easy on the cards

Breakfast: toast (1 slice bread = half HEB) with lurpak lighter 1 syn and ham, melon chunks

Lunch: Tuna salad

Dinner: ?????????? maybe burgers??? we have gas now so BBQ is possible :p

HEA: Milk and poss cheese (as only use splash of milk in maybe 2 - 3 cups of tea through the day)
HEB: bread and ??

Syns = 1 so far

maybe on for a red day after all

Lunch: Yummy tuna salad 1 syn for mayo

lunch.JPG

followed by banana and have just had a mars bar ice cream - ate it real slow to maximise yumness and make the syns worth it haha :D believe these are 7syns!!! total of 9 syns so far.

SO last night's dinner was spare ribs am saying 5 syns but they were very lean so maybe that's an overestimation? ate it with salad for superfree

Today it is hot hot hot, went for my run this morning but I can't seem to cool down, leaving me not hungry!!!! ahh she says so that's how to do it LOL!!

Anyway have just had half a melon (small melon :D) as breakfast / lunch and am about ready to take youngest son to the pools for the day. will update with food eaten when I get back - fingers crossed I can keep to my plan...extra easy today by the way.

Well I am shuffling in quietly and hoping it goes un-noticed :eek:

Had an absoutely fab day at pools yesterday, but foodage and drinkage was errrrmmm...... suspect to say the least - well I suppose I should fess up so here is the damage..

Had 1 slice of bread with few beans before we left

At the pools:

1 movenpick peach and blackberry lolly (sort of like solero but can't find syn valus for this brand anywhere)
1 sandwich - brown roll, smidgeon of cream cheese, chicken, grated carrot and cucumber (god bless my little one - he went to choose the butties and this was his 'healthy choice for you mum' !!
3 summer spritzers (0.5 measure of white wine per drink then topped up to 500mls with soda)
mate bought chips and according to my youngest I ate 10! - bit like Jimney Cricket on my shoulder! - could possibly get anoying but am biting my lip for now :p
2 squares of chocolate
handful of pistachio nuts

Home at about 7.30pm and OH had made an enormous spag bol - so tucked into a fairly substantial plate ful of that with prob dessertspoon of parmesan on top!!

cold beer x 1 but only managed to drink about third - shower then big Zzzzzzzzzz - probably due to sun and alcohol:eek:

syns - far too many!!!

well, was always taking the scenic route so back on track today...

EXTRA EASY

Breakfast: boiled egg and 1 slice of bread spread with lurpak lighter and cut into soldiers (not the same without a soldier to dunk)

Lunch: salad of some kind

Dinner: not sure - need to food shop

HEA: Milk + ?
HEB: Bread

Syns: 1

catch up from yesterday:

went out for lunch with kids and ended up with hot spicy burger with salad (didn't eat the bun or the chips and sat there feeling pious and no doubt looking smug) 4 syns for the burger??
Dinner was spaghetti (left over from Wednesday) had it with salmon and prawns and a curry style sauce which sounds odd but was actually nice (made a runnyish curry sauce from fish stock, curry powder and fat free from frais - it was OK and I would try it again), also had some green pepper, mushroom and onions as superfree
so all in all not too bad and I managed to reel the syns in to 5 for the day

Today - well the jury is still out as to which plan I will follow

Breakfast: 1 slice bread and 2 eggs, melon

have also chopped up some orange and grapefruit into segments - was going to have them this morning but decided I prefer them cold so they are in fridge for tomorrow breakfast (for me that is super organised - all I have to do now is keep all other house persons away from my tomorrow breakkie!!!)

will update the rest later when I know what I am doing:D

Weekend was ok but in all honesty prob had too much wine!!

Yesterday was a better day

Breakfast: omelette ham and cheese (part HEA)
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1375182041.471572.jpg

Lunch: ham and lettuce in brown roll

Dinner: hunters chicken with SW fries carrots and peas and small side salad
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1375182119.110011.jpg

Also had very small cake as friends birthday 3 syns and glass of Sekt 6 syns so total 9 syns for the day

Today breakfast was toast and ham 1.5 syns for lurpak lighter

Lunch: couscous with salad and chickpeas and left over chopped up Hunters chicken stirred through
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1375182327.072762.jpg

Dinner: thinking about the pasta with bacon and mushrooms from this months mag

yesterdays foodage:
Breakfast: boiled egg and 1 slice bread (HEB) with lurpak lighter - 1 syn
Lunch: couscous and salad veggies
Dinner: Chili chicken 1 syn for spice mix, rice, tortilla chips - 5 syns, LF sour cream 2 syns, cheddar cheese (HEA)
total syns = 9

Today I am planning a green day as I fancy meat free today and loads of fruit and veg

Breakfast: nectarines

Lunch: egg and cheese salad (babybel light x 1 chopped up - part HEA)

Dinner: aubergine, potato and chickpea tagine - or - carrot and chickpea burgers

Back