ClaireL second chance diary

Back from my break and am feeling fat and frumpy- time to kick ass now!!! Had total off plan time so big effort needed to get back to it

Today is day 1 and its a green day

Breakfast: poached egg, potato rosti and beans
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376241947.746388.jpg

Lunch: mushroom chow mein 1 syn for sauce
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376241998.832486.jpg

Dinner: cheese, tomato and onion toasted sarnie (HEA and HEB) with SW chips chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes and yellow pepper 1.5 syns for spread on bread

Snacks: melon

Red day today

Breakfast: bacon buttie (HEB)

Lunch: prawn salad 0.5 syn for mayo and tofu chocolate pudding with raspberries and spray cream 2.5syns yum!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376308138.819033.jpgTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376308181.793720.jpg
    ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376308181.793720.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 44
Dinner was turkey meatballs in tomato sauce with courgette spaghetti - forgot to take pic before I ate oops! 3 syns for meatballs and also had cheeky glass of wine so another 6 syns there so total of 12 syns for the day

Good day today- feeling like I am getting back on track

Breakfast : toast with laughing cow and tomatoes HEB and part HEA

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376427084.893330.jpg

Lunch: left over meatballs with rice and courgette and onion followed by choc pudding again total 3.5 syns

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376426879.319080.jpg

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376427110.330655.jpg

Dinner: Thai red curry- chicken, peppers, onion and carrot with rice and prawn crackers total 5 syns

Snack: cheese rice cake 2.5 syns

Daily syn total - 11

Hungry today so am going the way of extra easy

Breakfast: yogurt and raspberries
Then about 2 hours later was starving so ate what I had planned for lunch pastrami and gherkin sandwich 1syn for mayo (are gherkins super free? Need to check)

Should have been enough but by 2pm I was starving again so made veg fried rice - courgette, onion, mushroom and basmati/wild rice mix

Now having melange coffee so that will be my HEA

Dinner: feel like I shouldn't after today's munchies so far and not hungry at the mo- so will play by ear

Naughty slice of pizza for dinner last night - oops!!! 10 syns

Extra easy again today

Breakfast: bank holiday here today so I made it special and had full cooked breakfast - egg, tomato, field mushroom, bacon an 2 LF sausages 1 syn

Lunch: vegetable noodles
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376564760.827215.jpg

Dinner: pasta carbonara and salad

Another extra easy day for me today

Breakfast: mango and raspberries (my 2 fave fruits) with vanilla yogurt
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376644625.212557.jpg

Lunch: pastrami salad sandwich (HEB) 1 syn for mayo

Dinner: sweet potato and cauliflower curry with rice- photo of curry without the rice- was very nice
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376716909.590827.jpg

Yesterday's food was a bit of a disaster- son's birthday party so just too much in way of temptation for a weakling like me!

Breakfast: bacon butty (HEB)

Lunch: hot dog in white roll with tomato ketchup, then another one!!! Need to check syn value- eek can only assume lots!!

Dinner: chicken and vegetable rice, Cadbury flake and wine x3 glasses

So over syns for the day- I will work out just how many later but today I am just picking up the pieces and onwards I go

Breakfast this morning was bread roll (HEB) with ham and cold boiled egg. Nectarine

Lunch will be vegetable rice and veg curry (left overs)

Dinner: out with sons so not sure will update later

Indian meal last night- delicious but once again way off plan and far too synful!!

On more positive note - no more celebrations are in the offing plus hubby away on business travel for 2 weeks so I can completely control menu to my wishes. I plan to use the 2 weeks to get a good routine back re diet and running!

So today is day 1 of my 2 week personal challenge.

Breakfast: weetabix x1 (HEB) plus banana and milk from HEA

Much better today

Lunch was chicken ham and tomato with 1 slice of bread and Lurpak lighter 1.5 syns
(other half of HEB)

Dinner: Cajun chicken pasta 5.5 syns for entire recipe and it was between 3 of us so say 2syns each, followed by Greek yogurt and raspberries

Total syns for today is 3.5/15

Last edited:
Today will be extra easy

Breakfast: boiled egg x2 with 1 slice bread (half HEB) Lurpak lighter spreadable 1 syn

Lunch: planning carrot and coriander soup

Dinner: not sure yet- need to consult with boys to ensure minimal wastage!!

Soup was great and enough left over for tomorrow. Also had 2 ryvita with mashed egg and tomato 0.5 syn for ELF mayo

Tried to make chocolate rice pudding using the soya chocolate drink but wandered off and it all got stuck to bottom of the pan!! Might try again but with more care and attention!!

Ended up with raspberries and vanilla yogurt to hit the need for something sweet on the head

Ok so last night we had pasta and spicy sausage for dinner - 4 syns, plus garlic bread 6 syns and parmesan 3 syns so a total of 14.5 syns for the day

Today is extra easy again

Breakfast: fried potato (in fry light of course), courgette and mushrooms with an egg (summer breakfast scramble - on of the good food recipes - thought it was odd having courgette for breakfast but in actual fact it tasted OK)

Lunch: left over carrot and coriander soup, ham salad roll (HEB for bread)

Dinner: Planned - Chili and rice with lettuce, pickled jalapenos, thinly sliced spring onion, cheese (HEA) and sour cream 2syns
Chili is bubbling away as I type - looking very yum - am sooo looking forward to it!!

Last edited:
Back