ClaireL second chance diary

Ok - so I am going to start completing my diary retrospectively as I never seem to eat what I plan to eat :rolleyes:

Last night's change was due to eldest son deciding to go to cinema at 5pm which left just me and youngest to eat, I had made a big pan of chili but decided it was best left until 3 of us could tuck in as we like all the little bits on the side which is sort of time consuming to do and not really worth the effort for 2 of us (especially as youngest has tiny appetite and probably would end up wasting some)

Ended up with left over sausage pasta (without any sausage - must have big carniverous mice as all the spicy sausagy goodness had been nicked from the left overs- so just tomatoey pasta, then I was still hungry so I made a small portion of SW chips with chili flakes. I have decided that yesterday was a green day, with bread roll and ham as HEB x 2

Today is extra easy and so far I have had bread roll (HEB plus 3 syns as it was seeded) with egg mayo topping 0.5 syn for ELF mayo, with cherry toms

I will update the rest later :D

Out for lunch- had. Tepanyaki lots of veg and chicken with ginger and coriander sauce- very yum!! Guessing 3 syns for sauce

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377171369.824197.jpg

Chili and rice for dinner- very successful !! Had made a huge batch of chili so have enough for another evening next week- into the freezer it goes.

Workmen turned up at 07.20 this morning and are now busy finishing off our garden revamp! Only in Austria can they start hammering and generally making a hell of a noise at stupidly early hours without anyone complaining- cant imagine it would be so tolerated back in UK- I mean 7.30!!!

So breakfast is done- fried egg sarnie HEB for bread- here's one half!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377237730.019501.jpg

Not sure where today will take me- probably extra easy but potential for red day too- will update later

Well I had a good day on Friday which was just as well as yesterday was another totally off plan day! But... That is the final blow out as kids back at school tomorrow so normal routine will be resumed and I am much better with a routine!!

Had friends over yesterday and I cooked a Mexican themed feast along with margaritas and mojitos!! Line drawn

Today is green day

No breakfast due to last night's mojito and margarita consumption! But did make some broccoli cheese soup for next few days and had small tester bowl at 11am. HEA of cheese in entire recipe so probably quarter HEA in what I are today.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377428842.504535.jpg
Here's a shot of the soup ready for the next couple of days.

Lunch: jacket potato with beans and cheese (will be the remaining HEA portion) salad

Dinner- some kind of pasta bake, maybe use HEB of ham or tuna

May have HEB toast fir supper if needed

Last edited:
Today is extra easy- again

Breakfast boiled egg x2 with 1 slice toast HEB plus 1 syn for LF spread

Lunch: small portion of broccoli cheese soup 1/4 HEA , left over pasta bake (small portion)

Dinner: chicken balti and rice, green beans to add to super free
Sugar free jelly and spray cream 2.5 syns

Snack: Special K chewy bar (82 cals) so am going for 4 syns

Total syns so far 7.5

Breakfast: weetabix HEB x1 with banana and milk from HEA

Lunch: lemongrass beef stew with green beans and jelly/yogurt with fresh strawberries and spray cream 2 syns
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377607231.387253.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377607244.540648.jpg

Dinner was spaghetti bologna use with side salad and home made garlic bread- only had 1 slice so am going with part HEB and ?? 4 syns for garlic butter

Also had Special K crunchy bar with cuppa this afternoon so that was another 4 syns making total of 10 syns for today

Out after breakfast yesterday - thought it might be disaster but in fact it wasnt too bad
food was something like this

Breakfast: mushrooms on toast
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377771229.090868.jpg

Lunch: pineapple, grapes, rice cake 2.5 syns

Dinner: tepanyaki at our fave Chinese restaurant- I had chicken, rice noodles and loads of veggies in a garlic and chili sauce- 4 syns for sauce. Then had the rice pearls in coconut milk- 5 syns

Total syns 11.5

Today is going to be extra easy- and for some reason I am soooo hungry!!

Breakfast: bacon, mushrooms, tomato and egg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377771471.729227.jpg

Snack: baby bel cheese x1 (part HEA)

Dinner was spaghetti with courgette, garlic, chili, onion, tomato and spinach

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377808434.067402.jpg

Also had slice of toast HEB with butter 2syns and ham as supper

Morning all- sun is shining and I had great night's sleep and have woke up feeling on top of the world!!

Extra easy again today

Breakfast: ryvita x3 with cottage cheese and tomato/cucumber

Lunch: last of broccoli cheese soup- cant be bothered to tip it into another dish so am eating from plastic container! Saves on washing up too!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377857946.757119.jpg

Dinner last night was the smash pizza and it was bladdy awful- that's the second time I've tried it and both times it has been a disaster so it is no longer in the 'list'

Today is an attempt at red but holding back with second HEB just in case it turns into extra easy!!

Breakfast: Saturday so it had to be bacon and egg butty HEB for bread

Lunch: prawn and egg salad

Have also made some smoked mackerel pate so if I manage red all day that will be a little evening treat with ryvita as second HEB- we will see!

Dinner: planned for rosemary pork steaks with sauerkraut and salad

Dinner now changed to pork and pepper stir fry at request of eldest son

Also just made Thai spicy chicken meatballs (Kathy's recipe) these are really tasty- perfect snack on red!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377959396.461945.jpg

Pork and pepper stir fry with da da da!! Rice making today extra easy!!! AGAIN

One of these days I will manage to complete a red day!!!!

Bit naughty yesterday - went out for lunch with my mate - hubby back from his business trip, he has been away for 2 weeks so I decided I needed some girl time and left him to the kids while we went out - ended up with a pub lunch and had a steak sandwich - it came on a massive baguette and with chips - and I ate the whole darn lot!!! greedy mare that I am!! - no alcohol though as I have decided on a dry September.

Came home and told OH about the decision to forgo alcohol for the month and he actually laughed in my face!!!! actually he may have a point as I am going to find this challenge really really tough!! I am determined to be successful - even more so just to show OH how wrong he is :p

Dinner was hunters chicken with salad (had prepared the chicken before I went out but to be honest did not need it as I was still full from my monster lunch, however did still manage to chomp my way through small portion)

not even going to try and make SW sense of yesterday's foodage - consider it a day off plan!!

Today will be extra easy although not sure what the actual food plan is yet. Update to follow;)

Back