ClaireL second chance diary

Food sounding good Claire... I can smell the garlic here in Switzerland! :)
How did you make the veggie chilli? X

Hi Jane - it was just a throw it all in a pan and let it simmer sort of thing - courgette, onion, peppers, fresh tomatoes, garlic, black beans and sweetcorn, passata, chili powder, ground cumin, hot paprika, salt and pepper. the sauce thickened up nicely - it was really nice :)

Last edited:
Missed filling my diary over the weekend, oops - I was busy in the garden most of the time.
Managed a run yesterday and ideally would like to go again today but it will be this evening and I am not great at moving at that time of day!! We will see:p

Food was OK over the weekend, nothing too wild, although I was not 100% on plan yesterday - I also have to admit to 2 glasses of wine - so the dry September is now a damp September!

Today I am back in focus and will be taking the extra easy choice

Breakfast: hard boiled eggs x 2 with 1 slice of bread (half HEB) toasted with LF butter 1 syn

Lunch: have made some minestrone soup - it's simmering away just now so will have a bowl for lunch

Dinner: chicken stir fry with noodles (1 syn for the sweet chili sauce as I use soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, lemon juice and water to make a tasty stir fry sauce for the chicken and noodles), am also going to make a Thai red curry sauce, it's a packet mix so I will check the syns and if it is too high then I will just go for the noodles

HEA: Milk in drinks (but will not manage the full HEA so may also have a laughing cow lighter cheese triangle or a babybel light to nibble later on)

Minestrone soup for lunch followed by 4 mikado - 2 syns
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1378730141.714872.jpg

Was very nice, maybe just a tad watery though - maybe use half passata and half tin tomatoes next time to thicken it up a bit

Dinner - had the Thai red chicken curry with rice (added peppers, onions, and very thinly sliced carrot for superfree) - didn't have any low fat coconut milk so used full fat:eek: - so the whole thing was 9 syns!!!! totally worth it though - very tasty and just the right spiciness for me! Will return to my good old spice cubes next time though - much less synage!!

total syns for today is 12 so I will not have any more tonight, just a cuppa later then!!

Ohhh soup looks nice and curry sounds delish!
I'm shooting for at least five nights of the week booze free! I managed a dry jan, may, June and most of August but September wasn't meant to be!
jx

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster:sigh:

Promising start to the day with a half hour run, breakfast was sausage (1 syn) egg and mushroom, lunch was minestrone soup - all sounding OK so far....but then......

I was hosting book group and planned to cook greek chicken (chicken garlic, lemon, onion and oregano with potatoes in same pan) along with a greek salad (tomato, red onion, cucumber, olives (2 syns for full salad), feta cheese (HEA), I had also made a Bailey's cheese cake which I did not intend to eat but did!! plus small bag of maltesers (no idea why!) and nibbled on hummus/tzatziki and pita bread (shop bought and brought by friend) probably went way over my 15 syns by the end of the day - so back to it today!!!

Breakfast: scrambled egg with smoked salmon and cherry tomatoes

Lunch:ham salad sandwich (HEB for bread), last dribble of minestrone soup

Dinner: cod, SW chips, mushy peas

Hopefully minimal syns:rolleyes:

Thanks gals- I'm not too down on myself but I honestly have the willpower of .... well something with no willpower!! I seriously need a bit of a kick up the butt

Anyhow- had very nice dinner, cod SW chips mushy peas and pickled onion - all very Harry Ramsden (not !!! LOL)

Nothing else tonight and tomorrow's another day

Welldone getting back on track xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha - not there yet!!! but thanks for the support - it really does help x:p Hopefully by the end of today I will feel back in the swing of things:D

Today may be a green day, then again historically I am useless at sticking to red/green so it may end up extra easy - but lets give green a go to start with.

Breakfast: big field mushroom filled with spinach and topped with a poached egg

Snack: got some figs that need eating up while they are nice and fresh (69cents for a punnet with about 8 in from local supermarket!! couldn't say no to a bargain like that!!)

Lunch: veggie stir fry and veggie sushi (cucumber and pepper)

Dinner: Jacket potato with beans and cheese HEA1, salad with dressing 2 syns

Supper if needed (but prob not after all that) will be marmite and cheese HEA2 on toast HEB

Nailed the green day yesterday - very happy!!!

Today is back to extra easy

Breakfast: bacon, egg, tomato, mushroom

Lunch: ham and tomato sandwich using 1 laughing cow light as 'spread' HEB for bread and part HEA for cheese
Vanilla yogurt with fresh raspberries

Dinner: have some very low fat mince in freezer so maybe cottage pie- will have to confer with family to minimize wastage!!!! Not everyone's fave and I don't want to present dinner to a load of miserable faces - it's not a good start to the weekend !!!

I find green days great and lots of people on here have had good losses doing 100% green.

My kids also winge at me if I make cottage pie.. I don't know why as they love mince and mash!

Have a good weekend x

Jane kids won out in the end - chicken tacos from SW magazine and they were quite good too, had mine with the tomato and coriander rice and sprinkling of finely sliced spring onion, jalapeno and lettuce instead of tortilla/taco shells

Back