ClaireL second chance diary

Extra Easy today

Breakfast: bacon and egg butty (HEB for bread)

Lunch: Tomato soup

Dinner: Beef and red wine casserole - from the Autumn flavours leaflet that was in this months SW magazine - with mustard mash and broccoli 2 syns in total

Snacks: going to make a SW quiche to nibble on and cook some chicken strips in herbs/spices, have also defrosted some crab sticks (artificial but I like them!!)

SW quiche is ready- maybe a bit browned but it took ages to cook considering it's mainly egg!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1379170777.112138.jpg

Morning

It's going to be extra easy today and the plan is.....

Breakfast- slice of SW quiche

Lunch- pumpkin soup

Dinner- SW chicken tikka masala with rice

Morning! How odd, I thought I'd commented yesterday but it's not showing..

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the dinner idea and that I made it too and it was scrummy.

Your dinner tonight sounds delicious too.

How did the quiche taste? It looks lovely.

Have a good day xx

Hi Jane, I sometimes do the same - make a comment on someone's post but it doesn't show up!! must be a glitch in the system:confused:

the quiche was very nice and I have had it 2 days on the run for breakfast!!

Last night I made the Chicken tikka masala from SW Curry Heaven recipe book and I have to say it was lush!! not one speck was left at the end of the meal - kids mopped up every ounce of the sauce with nan bread (which I did not have ;)) I will def make this again. I also went all out and made the samosas and onion bhajis, also tasted great - so it was a bit of a feast in the end.

Today it is an extra easy day - have woke up feeling really full and bloaty, hope it wears off soon:eek:

Breakfast - SW quiche again!

Lunch: Pumpkin soup again - maybe with sandwich if hungry (using HEB)

Dinner: have some chicken steaks so I will have those with salad

Snack: banana and satsumas

Well it is cold and windy and wet and yuk here today!! I really don't much like this sort of weather - don't mind if it is cold and dry but hate the wet cold if you know what I mean.

Ah well suppose summer wasn't going to last forever!

Today is a busy day at work, I have quite a bit to do and am in the office tomorrow so have to prepare everything that I will need to take with me.

Food is extra easy today (thinking I will try weekly syns again this week - used up 4 yesterday on spread, mayo etc - will total up todays later )

Breakfast: back to the egg mayo on bread roll (HEB) with cherry tomatoes and cucumber!!

Lunch: last bit of pumpkin soup

Dinner: pizza chicken (chicken flattened out and topped with chopped ham, red onion, peppers and mozarella cheese (HEA) ) having this with garlic and rosemary roast baby potatoes and salad

Am going to make some smash scones to have with the soup too - slight tweek but I am having it as part of a meal and not snack so i won't be counting syns

weekly syns = 4/105

Hi Claire

It poured down here again last night and was really cold. The heating has kicked in.. It's automatic now and if the outside thermostat pics up a sudden drop or cold temps - the heat fires up!!!

Food sounds delicious again. I must look up that chicken tikka recipe. I have the SW curry book somewhere!

Jane x

Hi Claire
I'm going to make the chicken tikka masala recipe tonight. I couldn't find tikka curry powder at the Indian supermarket. Which curry powder did you use?
jane x

Hi Claire
I'm going to make the chicken tikka masala recipe tonight. I couldn't find tikka curry powder at the Indian supermarket. Which curry powder did you use?
jane x

Hi Jane

I had the tikka curry powder, but I would think just a medium curry powder would work

Well today I am in the office, another grey day here :sigh:

Am going for green today

Breakfast was bread roll (HEB) with philadelphia liptauer (it's the balance one so I am going for 2 syns but will check later), tomato and lettuce - this was supposed to be lunch but I was sooooo hungry when I got into work I couldn't hold back!!! Had left the house without proper breakfast

Lunch: Banana from work fruit basket plus very tiny open sarnie they always have these after staff meetings at work (I brought mine from home so that I could resist - but ...best laid plans and all that!)- I chose 1 cheese one so prob 4 syns as I scraped off the mayo (strange looks from my colleagues LOL) plus will tweek and say HEB for the bread - really small though - here's a photo of some of them - you could fit 2 onto a saucer so that's the scale!

lunch.JPG

Dinner: mushroom noodle stir fry, or mushroom omelette and SW chips

Hi Claire

Those open sarnies look nice!

Philadelphia balance is exactly the same as Philadelphia extra light so very low in syns but not counted as a hexa.

Just finishing off the curry. I used tandoori masala (same as I was taught to use at Indian cookery course for butter chicken). Hope it will be ok!

Jane x

Such a busy day- have had no time for my minimins fix until now!!!!

It's been extra easy today

Breakfast: omelette with tomato, basil and feta cheese (part HEA)

Lunch: smoked salmon salad 0.5 syns for mayo

Snack to keep me going as late dinner: toast and ham (HEB) crab sticks

Dinner: mexi chicken- chicken with chili, paprika and garlic rub pan "fried" and sliced on top of pasta with peppers, onions, chopped tomato, in sauce made from milk, chili , paprika, green salsa and corn flour 4 syns for full recipe so 1 syn each. Side salad

Ohh yum! I like the look of all your meals today! I think I will have feta, tomato and basil omelette tomorrow! Thanks for the idea!! X
Chicken looks delish too x

Hi there- all I can think is ...... Yay it's Friday!!!

Today is green if I can stick to plan- if not then it will be extra easy- update to come!!!

Breakfast: field mushroom with spinach and 2 poached eggs. 1 slice bread HEB spread with half a laughing cow light part HEA
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1379671415.171375.jpg

Lunch: left over pasta from yesterday (partHEA in sauce) with Parmesan 2 syns?? Guessing!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1379671431.957585.jpg

Dinner: vegetable risotto

Back