ClaireL second chance diary

Food sounds fab x

Thanks Kirsty, had the veggie casserole again for lunch today with couscous - tasted good but doesn't look as good as your stuffed peppers!!:p

lunch.JPG

Quite a haul there Jane!!

Reporting for yesterday.

Extra easy

HEA- milk

Breakfast: 1 bread toasted HEB with 2 poached eggs, banana

Lunch: left over veg casserole with couscous 2 syns for couscous. (Pine nuts!)
Raspberries and vanilla yogurt

Dinner: Cajun chicken pasta, salad 2 syns for Cajun chicken and 1 syn for salad dressing
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380774678.333604.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380774651.519131.jpg

Snack- 1 slice toast with butter!!! And marmite (I have no idea syns for butter as I usually wouldn't use it but hey ho am guessing 5?? Wasn't much- less than 1tsp I would say)

Total syns - 10

Extra Easy again today

Breakfast was rice pudding with raspberries (just love defrosted frozen raspberries - all that crimson juice!!
breakfast.JPG
Lunch: Tuna and sweetcorn fishcakes with salad 2syns for mayo in dressing and fishcakes, followed by tofu choc puding with remaining raspberries and squirt of cream 2 syns
lunch.JPGpudding.JPG
Dinner: planned to have steak sandwich HEB for bread roll with wedges and med roast veggies

HEA: Milk (part in rice pudding and part in cups of tea)

Total syns 4 (so far)

OMG your rice pudding and dessert look amazing recipes plzzzzzz

Dead easy Kirsty (well they would have to be for me LOL!!)

Rice pudding:
500ml of Alpro Hazelnut soya drink (milky stuff) that is a full HEA but it makes a huge pan so I just count it as 'part' HEA per serving as I barely use my HEAs ....... or if you are using your HEA then it would be 6 syns for the entire recipe
1 cup of pudding rice
sweetner (I used just over a teaspoon and it is quite sweet)
vanilla extract
put everything in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring (the rice seems to stick to the pan a little if you don't stir - maybe because it's not 'real' milk??), once ubbling turn down to a gentle simmer and keep an eye on it until the rice is softened and to your taste and the milk almost absorbed.

Chocolate pudding
1 packet of silken tofu (checked syns online and according to NV on packet this is free)
1 cadbury's highlights sachet 2.5 syns (you can try the different flavours:D)
blend both together and leave in fridge for a few hours (or overnight) to firm up,
total syns is 2.5 and this makes 2 of these size desserts = 1.25 syns per pudding

pudding.JPG

I like it with a little fruit and squirt of cream 1/2 syn for the brand I have here so I just round up to 2syns per pud

That looks delish! Which are the best highlights flavours for desserts? I will ask my parents to bring some over. Jx

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380880627.606834.jpg. My fave Jane ! But I'm sure others are great too

Today is extra easy

Breakfast: omelette with ham, onion, tomato and cheese with few basil leaves

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380880714.090745.jpg

Lunch; just made ham salad sarnie HEB for bread

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380880760.726025.jpg

Have a big pan of chili simmering for dinner tonight

Going to sit down and enjoy this sandwich with a cup of tea before going to meet eldest son for shoe shopping (his not mine :-( )

Hope everyone had a good weekend- I did, met up with my mate on Friday evening and laughed soo much- just the ticket!!

Saturday night was out with OH as youngest son stayed over at his friends- Another good night but very late so spent Sunday yawning!! Actually had to take OH to airport as he in UK this week but that was pretty much all I did!

Bit naughty with wine but food wise I was pretty well in control and as I had not gone too crazy last week syn wise I am not even concerned.

So today was extra easy

Breakfast: bread rollHEB with egg mayo cress and tomato 0.5 syn for ELFMayo

Lunch: lentil and carrot soup then left over chicken curry and rice from yesterday

Dinner; not hungry so this has still to be decided- no hubby so will confer with kids and see if we can all agree on something easy!!!!

Back