ClaireL second chance diary

Hello lovely
Well the only advice I can give is to cut out the booze..My weight loss has snowballed since I cut it out - gone from approx half a pound a week to 2-3 pounds a week :). X

OK so update for dinner

chicken is now in the freezer as I had no inspiration, and out of the freezer came faggots that I made probably a month ago, 1.5 syns per faggot and I had 2 of them with mashed potato, sprouts, carrot and peas - a real winter warmer and absolutely yum, just what I wanted and needed:p. Kids had sausages - their loss is all I can say!!

total syns for the dinner = 5, that's 3 for the faggots and 2 for a dribble of gravy over the sprouts which is probably an over-estimate

Had a fab night’s sleep and I am feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning, pity the weather is still cold and grey, although the rain has stopped now, just a biting wind!! I have got my head in a good place today – let’s hope it keeps that way:D

I have to go for an oral German test today :blahblah::blahblah:as I am starting an intensive German course (hopefully in December) and they need to place me at the correct level – I am thinking Kindergarten!!

Today will be extra easy again as I have my book group this evening and am at the whim of my friends choice of meal.

Breakfast: banana and vanilla yogurt
Lunch: tuna and egg salad
Dinner: not sure but am saving my HEB and syns so should be OK – they are all pretty much health conscious so I am not expecting anything too naughty (fingers crossed)

It's great when the day starts like that!
Good luck at the German test!!! X

Placement test went ok I start intensive course (3 hours per day /5 days per week for a month) on 2 December- I had better improve after that!!!

Not so bright eyed and bushy tailed today as late to bed last night. Will be trying hard to stifle the yawns all morning haha.

Fab SW dinner last night: chicken, couscous and mixed veg, followed by no so SW friendly chocolate mousse but I only had small spoonful just to be polite. Going to say 15 syns for the whole day yesterday as in truth I have no idea what the real total was- probably not that many really but better to overestimate

Today is back to extra easy
Breakfast - banana and yogurt
Lunch- boiled egg, peppers, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, bread roll and 2 satsumas
Dinner- chicken back out of freezer so it's going to be. Chicken curry and rice

I'm glad it went well. What level are you studying? That is very intensive! I am doing 3 hours twice a week (course) and one private hour long lesson a week and have progressed a lot! I think it really helps when it's full on!!
PS. My diary is now in the silver members section. We can keep in touch on here until you reach 500 posts xx

Last edited:
Hi Jane I am sure my German will get better very quickly - I am also coming into the office more so I am hearing German all day long so am expanding my vocabulary too.

Last night I made chicken curry and rice. And onion bahji so total of 2 syns for the OB!

Today I forgot to bring my lunch so I have picked up a sandwich at the ubahn station I am allowing 7 syns which is probably too many

Breakfast- banana and satsuma

Lunch - sandwich (ham salad) HEB

Dinner- salmon wild rice mix and veggies of some kind

Hi Kirsty all ok at this end!!

Back to extra easy

Today it was breakfast at work so I had a small piece of bread with butter 3 syns and a couple of slices of lean (?) ham I am going home at lunchtime as OH off to South Korea today and wants a lift to the airport cos he is a lazy !!@" and can't be bothered with the train!! Not too bad really as I get a short office day out if it.
Lunch will be at home so maybe a salady sort of thing or maybe an omelette, mmmm fancying omelette now :0)

Dinner is depending on shopping which I will get on way back from airport so I will update later.

On a positive note- for the entire morning I have managed to skirt around and avoid the big tin of sweeties that are sitting on the desk next to mine! Major success on my part so far - even if I do say so myself lol!! Just got to keep away for another hour then I'm out if here and away from the danger zone!!

Dinner was pasta and tomato based sauce with chorizo onion and courgette 6 syns with Parmesan cheese 3 syns and 1 slice garlic bread 4 syns total 13 syns for dinner- eek

Saturday extra easy

Breakfast: bacon and egg sandwich HEB for bread

Lunch: roast veg and rice 1 dessert spoon Parmesan cheese 2 syns

Satsuma and celery as snack

Dinner:

Sunday- extra easy

Breakfast - egg on toast

Lunch - left over lemongrass beef with steamed spinach ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1384685823.542526.jpg

Dinner- roast chicken , lots of veggies and I am going to try the roasties done in oxo

Not a good start to the week :eek:

Got into work and it is breakfast day - so I joined in and ended up having a bread roll (white!!!) with butter and 1 tsp of jam!!! will have to work out the syns

Have brought a ham salad sandwich for lunch so that would be HEB and 1 syn for the mayo, have also got raspberries, strawberries, banana and yogurt (which was my intended breakfast) so now I am thinking I should just have the fruit/yog for lunch as I don't want to overdo the bread intake, but as I am having to syn this morning's roll etc (white bread) I am also thinking why miss out on the lovely butty!! What a dilemma!! I know it is stupid but I feel like my whole day is thrown off just because I couldn't say no to the stupid office breakfast :mad:

OK so have just looked online and have worked out that this mornings breakfast was 12.5 syns and NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

Am going to have the sandwich for lunch and will have no more syns today so the days total will be 13.5, still within the limit but I am so cross with myself for wasting syns:badmood:

OK - so now it's off my chest time to move on with the day......

It's so annoying when you are in a position where you use loads of syns like that... I have actually ducked out of a dinner tonight for that (and other) reasons.

Make the rest of the day low syn and you will be fine. I can recommend garlic mushroom omelette and big salad. I never fancy an omelette but really enjoy them when I make them!

Jx

Back