ClaireL second chance diary

Just had the ham salad sandwich - it was yum - had gone a bit soggy due to tomatoes but just added to the experience in my opinion :D

Still undecided about dinner - omelette may be a possible contender Jane!!

Another extra easy day and limited on the syns front (at least that's the plan)

Breakfast: banana and yogurt

Lunch: Ham egg salad sandwich (HEB) and 1 syn for ELF mayo

Dinner: spaghetti bolognaise with Parmesan cheese (part HEA)

snack: turkey rolled in ham and baked in the oven to make little nibbly bits.

Working from home today as it is parent teacher conferences at kid's school so they have a free day.

Another extra easy day for me!!

Breakfast: ham and eggs on toast (half HEB as only 1 slice of bread toasted) - I really enjoyed it after being in the office with fruit and yogurt so much lately.

Lunch: Am going to make some vegetable soup

Dinner: Not sure yet but I have all day to work something out

For some reason I am feeling quite positive today so hope it lasts and I have a good day, gonna get on with some work while kids are still sleeping:D

Lunch is served- vegetable soup followed by tofu choc pudding with raspberries and squirty cream - 2.5 syns yum!!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1384947892.956947.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1384947909.605702.jpg

Last edited:
Yep Jane you are perfectly correct ;0) it"s silken tofu- have a new brand that I found in the Asian supermarket and it is just called 'soft' tofu?? Made the same pudding consistency so I'm assuming it is the same stuff

Hi Kirsty I'm feeling great thanks- back on the wagon and fairly motivated!!

I have a fun day today- I am spending the morning packing Nicklaus bags for a charity that helps disadvantaged children - on 6th December the kids in Austria have a visit from St Nicklaus who leaves a bag of sweets and little toys to say they have been good ( if you are naughty then you will get a visit from Krampus and he only leaves coal!!) it's the start of Christmas celebrations here. Every year my company takes a day off from business and asks the employees to do something for the community and this year this is my 'something'

Anyway I am now having breakfast in McDonalds before meeting up with colleagues at 9.30- ham and eggs with whole wheat roll and fruit tea - any idea how to syn this???? Maybe HEB for roll?

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385020423.933104.jpg

Ok - so much for being on the wagon LOL!! have had a Gluhwein and pretzel this lunchtime - can"t find the syns anywhere so I am guessing at 20 for both together, over the dailz allowance but I am still well within my weekly allowance so I am thinking I may get away with it if I am controlled for the rest of the week and weekend. Well that was essentially lunch!!

Dinner is gnocchi (is that how you spell it?) bake with roast veg and cheese on top HEA - waiting to pop it in the oven just now.

Yay it's Friday!!!!!!!!

Another extra easy day today

Breakfast: ham and boiled egg and bread HEB

Lunch- rice, peppers, spring onion, green beans and prawns. Sounds strange but looks edible- I'll report back after I've eTen it

Hi Jane, bet it looks lovely, have you built a snowman yet??

No snow here yet in fact we have a cloudy 7 degrees here today - almost tropical!! - it's funny I am always desperate for the snow to come but once it's here I get really fed up really quick - trailing wet puddles into the house, having to constantly move snow from the paths and all those little stones that the spray over roads and pathways get everywhere - oh dear I sound like a total grouch ha ha

I bought some of those trays to put boots on last year and they're great! No more puddles in the hall! I just ordered some rubber mats for the car too! X

I bought some of those trays to put boots on last year and they're great! No more puddles in the hall! I just ordered some rubber mats for the car too! X
I have 2 of these too Jane, it's a case of getting my kids to remember to put their shoes on them when they come in and not just leave them to form their own little puddle in the hallway LOL - it continues to be a work in progress!! maybe we can advance it a bit this year :cross:

update from last night foodwise, had a Berner Wurstl sort of a hot dog wrapped in bacon and it has cheese running through it (honestly it tastes better than it sounds)!! I really liked these when we first got to Austria but haven't had one in years, saw them while grabbing a few things from the local supermarket and thought 'what the hell I am having one of these, i will just syn it'....so I did!! 9.5 syns for 1 sausage and I found out thatI seem to have fallen out of love with them - probably a good thing really - but what a syn wastage!!:eek: plus later on I had the most horrendous stomach pain, it only lasted about 10 mins but I actually thought it was something serious, I was bent double, am sure it was the sausage, so that's closure on the Berner any way you look at it. End of an era for these things!! (photo from google!! - mine didn't look as good haha)

images

Today I am trying for a red day, have had toast HEB with lurpack lighter 2 syns and ham with tomato for breakfast

I have to collect my eldest son from rugby sometime soon so will have some veggie soup for lunch when I get back from there and this evening I am planning a stir fry with vegetable noodles for me and normal noodles for the guys. Let's see if I can stick to the plan

Have a great day everyone - don't you just love the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Slight change if plan!!

Soup wolfed down by the kids so I had Asian meatballs and green beans

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385213678.086424.jpg
Making them

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385213727.985174.jpg
Ready for eating

Dinner changed too! Was going to do a stir fry but ended up with steak sandwich topped with red onion, peppers, mushrooms and cheese with roast BNS. So HEA for cheese and second HEB for bread.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385232609.657600.jpg

Morning campers :D

Today is going to be extra easy

Breakfast: Bacon and egg buttie HEB for bread

Lunch: Bacon and lentil soup (can you tell I have bacon that needs to be used up:p) with cauliflower breadsticks (HEA for cheese)

Dinner: chicken breast with potatoes and loads of veg, gravy to be synned

Am thinking of cooking the 1/2 syn brownies too - willl let you know how the turn out if I get round to them

Enjoy the day, we are back to work tomorrow!! :sigh:

Didn't cook brownies soon news there!

Today is extra easy

Breakfast: banana and vanilla yogurt

Lunch: pasta with salmon, cherry tomatoes, peas and basil balsamic dressing

Dinner: fajitas with salad and the works! 6 syns for wrap, and 3 for salsa/ fake sour cream and avocado !!
That's a whole lot of syns but I am looking forward to them all

Back