Claire's Atkins yummy diary

Crikey, what were you selling?

I need to eBay the clothes I've grown out of. Have two lovely size 18 very warm winter costs I wore about twice and now are so huge I look like a clown in them. Prob. is I have no idea how you post something big like a coat...

moonlights said:
Crikey, what were you selling?

I need to eBay the clothes I've grown out of. Have two lovely size 18 very warm winter costs I wore about twice and now are so huge I look like a clown in them. Prob. is I have no idea how you post something big like a coat...

A sideboard which due to a new corner sofa coming in Jan we have no room for - plus have 2 other sideboards so just made sense.
I also sold me vlcd sachets, all 150 of them. Got nearly £100 for them. Selling them was the determination not to go back to them again :)

Def sell those coats. Clothing goes so well, I'd wrap in maybe a thick plastic or bubble wrap then in brown paper. Weigh it, add extra for the wrapping and you can price on Royal Mail website. People are happy to pay delivery, my vlcd stuff is costing £15.80 to post as there's so much! :)
Xx

Good food day, feeling dreadful as totm taking its toll so snuggled in bed waiting for pain killers to work.
Food today:
B - Ham and mushroom quiche
L - Chicken salad, babybell, feta and dressing
S - Small bag pork scratching
D - Chicken wrapped in bacon served with green beans and sprouting broccoli

Night all x

Morningggg!

Glad u had a lovely time away with the fam!

Ohhh lovely little xtra pennies for Xmas that's brill!

I need get a few things on eBay this week!

Have a lovely day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Grrrr such bad pmt!!! Lol

Work is so so busy atm, have our Xmas party tomorrow. I'm driving so on mineral water, food wise I've picked duck salad, salmon in herb cream sauce with veg (will ditch the potatoes) and cheese platter to finish (not a fan of crackers anyway)
So proud of my choices :)

Good today:
B - mushroom and ham quiche
L - chicken, feta and salami salad with dressing. Small pack if pork scratchings
D - scrambled eggs with asparagus
S - Cocoa mim & cream

X

Brill choice hun well done :)
Hope u enjoy it tonight xxx

Oh no what a bad time you're having of it. Go and get a flu jab!

Awww hope u feel better soon Hun xxx

Oh no hun hope ur feeling alittle better today xxx

Oh good glad ur feeling alittle better, least uve got the weekend to recover.

Ohhh tell me more! Is It good? Xxx

Oh good glad ur feeling alittle better, least uve got the weekend to recover.

Ohhh tell me more! Is It good? Xxx

Feeling much better this eve, we even managed to get Xmas deccies up:) just need a couple of more bits which we'll get on Sunday.
Have to say Atkins is not easy when poorly - there's only so much chicken I can have lol. Looking forward to cheese and cream when fully better but daren't atm so chicken and veg it is - as for eggs I look like one!!

The phone is great, I had a iPhone 4 but due an upgrade. It's slimmer, lighter and about 5mm longer. Siri is fab, very good for texting and posting on forums and understands very easily :)
Got a lovely new red leather Vibe case so looking good ahhhhh
Def recommend hun xxx

Well after 2 out of 3 weeks felling rubbish due to diff illnesses my hubbie and I have had a very long chat and I'm moving back to SW or WW.
He was so cross I was veering away from taking medicines due to the carb levels all because I didn't want up knock myself out of ketosis.

From as long as I can remember til 2010 I was a SW and WW fan then I tried a vlcd diet and it all went down hill. I have been constantly searching for the quick fix rather than adopting a new way if life. Although I like elements of Atkins it's not suiting hubbie who finds the food too rich in fat for his tummy after having cancer treatment 10yrs ago.

After a heart to heart and soul searching this week my decision is to go back to the plans I can stick with no matter how much slower the losses are.

I want to thank you all for your help and guidance during my short stint here :) xx

At the end of the day being able to stick to a diet is the most important thing. If you're happy and it works for you there's no need for quick fixes - 2lbs per week should be as achievable cutting calories as carbs, it's all about what you're happy with.

I take daily medication which contains 11g carbs and have since I started, so ive always been in owl and still lost well. I couldn't have coped if I'd tried to do induction. It's all about finding the right thing for you.

Good luck hon xx

At the end of the day being able to stick to a diet is the most important thing. If you're happy and it works for you there's no need for quick fixes - 2lbs per week should be as achievable cutting calories as carbs, it's all about what you're happy with.

I take daily medication which contains 11g carbs and have since I started, so ive always been in owl and still lost well. I couldn't have coped if I'd tried to do induction. It's all about finding the right thing for you.

Good luck hon xx

Thank you. For me also its finding something that works for your lifestyle. My life is very busy work life but ultimately what works for my family, I've spent months trying to "help" my hubbie when ultimately with his prev cancer treatment only he knows what's right for his body and have to allow him to find what works for him.
Wish you all the best, will still be following your progress xx

Back