claire's countdown diary

Change of plan. Done my 45min exercise but I'm not walking to go and do some retail therapy as its started snowing! Snow =cold and I don't do cold ha. Looks like it gonna be a late dinner too as I've not set off to Asda yet and the pulled pork takes a few hours in the oven oops. Note to self make sure I have ingredients in when I plan my menu!

Sunday

Well had a really lazy day today that's what Sundays are for after all. Got up quite late today and have really been hungry as I had a big brunch. Had every intension to exercise today but just couldn't be bothered because of my achy legs from yesterday's workout with weights. Go I'm so unfit!

Brunch
2 x scrambled egg, 2 x be good to yourself Cumberland sausage (1 syn) 2x breakfast mushroom, bacon (without rind :eek:( )

Snack
Alpen light(3.5syns) , 2x hi fi bar (HEB)
Milk ( in coffee HEA)
Orange

Dinner
Chicken breast, carrots, parsnips,peas, bisto gravy (2 syns)

Total syns 6.5

Think I'll have a treat tonight to use more syns but don't know what yet.

Last edited:
Well it's Monday which means weigh in day. 1.5lb down. I'm glad I've lost but a bit peeved I didn't lose 2 so I could finally hit the half stone mark but alas it didn't happen! I doubt it will happen next week either because I'm out Saturday and there will be a lot of vodka involved! God this weight loss is slow!

Today has been a bit off plan not in terms of syns but really eaten much.

Breakfast none
Lunch 2 x wholemeal toast (HEB) lurpak (2syns) wafer thin ham.

Dinner
3x egg omelette, mushroom, wafer thin ham.

Snack
Skinny latte (milk used as HEA)
Hifi (3.5 syns)
Apple
Raspberries.

No exercise

TUESDAY

Got up late again today and feel absolutely knackered. Not being in work at the mo has completely thrown me out of any sort of routine! I need to start getting up early rather than mid morning! I did wake up about 7am due to the cat but went back to bed again when the boys went to school! I know. Why I'm tired though, I'm always wiped out the week before my monthly visit. Does this happen to anyone else? I need to keep myself motivated so I don't end up sat on my fat a**e this week. Still haven't done the food shop or planned any meals so the kids have a day off from my cooking tonight. The hubby made them all pudding chips and mushy peas and gravy while I had a prawn stir fry. Would have preferred what they had but I resisted.

Breakfast
2 x weetabix (HEB) milk (HEA)

Lunch
3x cracker read (3syns) wafer thin ham, 50g Philadelphia light (4syns), apple, hifi bar (3.5 syns)

Dinner
Prawn stir fry and egg fried rice,- mushroom, onions, red pepper, garlic, soy sauce, dried chilli flakes, prawns, brown rice, egg

Total syns 10.5

Exercise 45 mins Leslie Sansone

Wednesday

Not many veggies in today's menu and no exercise either. I finally went food shopping today so I now have plants of super free for the week.

Breakfast
Banana

Lunch
3 cracker bread (3syns) 50g Philadelphia light (4 syns) wafer thin ham, muller light,

Dinner
2x wholemeal toast (HEB) 2 x scrambled egg, beans, 2x BGTY Cumberland sausages(1 syn), lurpak (3 syns)
Orange

Snack
Strawberries, 2x marshmallow (2 syns) little cake pop (guesstimate 3 syns)

Total syns 16 oppps

Need to make wiser choices tomoorrow.

Thursday

Breakfast
Apple,grapes,raspberries,strawberries,mullerlight

Lunch
Crackerbread x3 (3syns) Philadelphia light (4syns) wafer thin ham, alpen light (1/2 HEB)

Dinner
Stew- lean beef, leek, onion, sweet potato, green pepper, parsnips, carrots, bisto granules (2syns) veg stock cube, pearl barley.

Snack
Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Orange
Raspberries

HEA Milk in coffee

45 mins Leslie sansone

I'm not having a good day emotionally so feel ready to binge but trying my hardest to resist!

Friday

Breakfast
Apple, grapes, raspberries, muller light

Lunch
Left over stew from yesterday

Dinner
SW sticky chicken (2syns), brown rice, broccoli, carrots

Snacks
Alpen light, hifi bar (HEB)
Milk in coffee (HEA)

4 mile walk

Nearly broke today. Was shopping and the smell of KFC was drifting through the shop. I was so proud of myself that I didn't crumble there and then and order 2 pieces of chicken, hot wings and fries! I sooo wanted to!

Not updated for a couple of days due to being off plan. Went out Saturday night and far to much alcohol. Needless to say I was paying for it yesterday. I've not eaten much today as I've got an upset stomach but its weigh in tonight.

So far breakfast has been 2 xwholemeal toast (HEB) lurpak (3syns)

Milk (HEA) in coffee. Not had my full allowance as I don't think it's agreeing with my upset tummy!

Doubt it I will have lunch but may snack on some fruit and try to have some chicken for dinner later.

Hopefully I'll make it to weigh in tonight but I doubt it

Managed to get to weigh in tonight and lost another 1.5 woo hoo!

Snacked on crisp and hifi and white bread today. Back on plan tomorrow x

Tuesday

Breakfast
2x weetabix (HEB) milk (HEA)

Lunch
Hifi bar (3syns)

Dinner
Homemade cottage pie, broccoli, rost butternut squash, bisto (2syns)

Cottage pie- el mince, leek, carrot, red pepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic, beef stock pot, red lentils, white and sweet potato mash,

Snack
Pineapple, raspberries, mullerlight
Milk in coffee (2syns)
Warburton white bread (4syns)- lurpak (4 syns)

Total syns 15

No exercise today

Last edited:
Wednesday
Feeling very down today and can't be a@@ed! I want to eat everything in sight but managing to resist as im waiting for my shopping delivery. It started last night with white warbles toast with loads of lurpak! Had a late night last night as I couldn't sleep (stress related) so got up late this morning!

Breakfast
Fresh pineapple

Lunch
Homemade butternut squash soup

Dinner
Pork with LOADS of egg noodles- stir fry pork strips, onion, honey (2syns) soy sauce, dried chilli flakes, garlic

Snacks
2 x alpen light (HEB)
Pineapple
Raspberries
Milk (in coffee HEA)
WW sticky toffee pudding (8.5 syns)

Total syns so far 10.5 syns

No exercise

Last edited:
Just on to update as I didn't yesterday. Still feeling down so ended up not eating properly then chippy for tea. I need to get out of this mood!

Breakfast
2x weetabix (HEB) milk (HEA)

2 x alpen lights 7 syns

Battered fish, chips and gravy from the chippy- to many syns to count!

Friday- so far
Brunch
2 x wholemal toast, lurpak (3 syns) wafer thin ham

Well I've had a really bad couple of weeks and ended totally off plan. I've had quite a few issues to deal with at home so I've reached for the junk food. I'm feeling very down at the minute and completely stressed out. I went to weigh in tonight to try and motivate myself back to plan. I've gained 2lb which isn't bad considering the Chinese takeaway, KFC and chocolate and crisps I've had the last couple of weeks. Anyway I went shopping today and bought plenty of veg so hopefully I'll get back on track tomoz

Back