class raffles what would you like it to be .

1goldingoap

Silver Member
do you wish that .you could have a choise of a price regarding the raffle in your class and what would you like it to be .

Something non edible, like hand cream or bath bombs, nail varnish, moisturiser etc

Believe it or not, there are rules around the raffle prizes. They should be food optimising or body magic related and not beauty products.

I don't think it's good behaviour modification to always have food as a reward ;) They could wrap up Brad Pitt for me or Matt Damon .... That would be far more suitable.

But how can it be a bad thing if its food optimising related? Recipe ingredients, fruit, superfree veg or other such things. Like I said, there are rules around what you can and can't have :)

I love getting a recipe and ingredients! Makes you try something new and for the price of a ticket it's great :)
Our consultant sometimes pops in a little extra like soup container, measuring spoons etc too

A free week would be an awesome prize! Other than that I like the store cupboard staples like frylight & a wee box of delicious Hi-Fi bars.

A free week isn't that great as if you've bought a count down or are at target it would put you off entering. Beauty products would also put men off entering. I think it makes sense that it has to be food optimising or body magic related so people aren't left out, okay fair enough some people could still be left out, if they can't exercise then body magic stuff would be no good for them, my consultant just gets loads of nice veg and maybe something like sweetener or some spices so people can enjoy whatevers in whether they're a meat eater or a vegetarian.... to some a basket of veg and extra's might seem boring but at least its something everyone can enjoy

A free week isn't that great as if you've bought a count down or are at target it would put you off entering. Beauty products would also put men off entering. I think it makes sense that it has to be food optimising or body magic related so people aren't left out, okay fair enough some people could still be left out, if they can't exercise then body magic stuff would be no good for them, my consultant just gets loads of nice veg and maybe something like sweetener or some spices so people can enjoy whatevers in whether they're a meat eater or a vegetarian.... to some a basket of veg and extra's might seem boring but at least its something everyone can enjoy

Exactly this! The raffle should be about food optimising or body magic.

Our raffle is normally food fruit veg etc, or free magazine hifi bars, and it cost's 50p to enter :) X

We have some great prizes for our raffles! Usually its a new recipe from the mag or a book with all the ingredients, but other times we have things like 1) Frylight, potatoes, chip mesh, different spices to celebrate national chip week, 2) Asian store cupboard staples relating to the new Asian cookbook (so there were dried medium noodles, rice vinegar, soy sauce, mild curry powder, light coconut milk, and something else I cant remember!), 3)summer time was lolly moulds with fruit and yogurts with various lolly recipes, 4) the 'Souper' Raffle prize was a bag containing Pour and store bags, knorr simply stock, SW little book of soups, wooden spoon :D and then various little spices to put in soups. So I really like all the prizes that come and if I have ever won a recipe raffle, I always make the recipe with the ingredients, take a snap and post on facebook with my 'review' on it so to speak xx

Oh and we had a teabreak based one which had various different teas and coffee, ryvita minis, hifi bars, rich tea fingers, sweeteners, and othe low syn snacks (can't remember off the top of my head!). But always great! Xx

Our raffle is always fantastic, our C really puts a lot of effort in to choose exciting prizes that we would all want to win. In the past we have had some of the following:

- All of the ingredients to make a recipe (i.e. SW chips, red lentil bolognese, chicken noodle soup, etc.)
- The latest SW book to be released
- A pamper pack for when temptation strikes (bubble bath, mug, options hot choc, the new magazine, puzzle book, etc.)
- A £5 meat only voucher for a local butcher
- A free week
- £5 to spend on anything from the shop
- Kitchen utensils (i.e. tupperware boxes, measuring spoons, mesh chip trays, etc.)

There has never been a week yet when I have not wanted to win the raffle. They are always SW related and exciting :)

Back