Classes certificates

They know this when they decide to be consultants. I think the majority of people do look forward to receiving their stickers and certificates and look to them to give them inspiration to carry on with the weight loss journey. At the end of the day we are paying 4.95 a week to get on some scales which we could do at home and for image therapy which is 90% members talking about how they have done we could all do that from home but many of us definately me for one need the group atmosphere and look forward to getting my rewards.

zilla said:
They know this when they decide to be consultants. I think the majority of people do look forward to receiving their stickers and certificates and look to them to give them inspiration to carry on with the weight loss journey. At the end of the day we are paying 4.95 a week to get on some scales which we could do at home and for image therapy which is 90% members talking about how they have done we could all do that from home but many of us definately me for one need the group atmosphere and look forward to getting my rewards.

Maybe you should save your money & do SW alone then? I find huge value in the £4.95 i spend each week, but not because i get stickers or certificates. The support is invaluable. If i felt like you seem to do about it i wouldn't bother though.

Ooooooooooh did I rattle your cage with my thoughts! I was merely saying that the majority of people use the stickers and certificates as a visual aid to keeping on track. Are you always rude?

zilla said:
Ooooooooooh did I rattle your cage with my thoughts! I was merely saying that the majority of people use the stickers and certificates as a visual aid to keeping on track. Are you always rude?

Not at all. Just saying if you don't see the value in group without certificates why would you pay £4.95 every week? Maybe you should save your money, or try a different group? I said nothing that deserved such a response from you.

I think your tone was off. If you read my post again you will see that I said I need the group atmosphere. I go to a lovely group, and would miss it if I stopped.

I thought your tone was off too. It's not your place to question why others go to group. Everybody is individual and gets a different thing from group.

zilla said:
I think your tone was off. If you read my post again you will see that I said I need the group atmosphere. I go to a lovely group, and would miss it if I stopped.

Whatever. Lifes too short for arguments with people i've never met nor care about. Enjoy your SW journey.

laura4988 said:
I thought your tone was off too. It's not your place to question why others go to group. Everybody is individual and gets a different thing from group.

Goodness - some very sensitive souls on here this morning! I really only meant that if you do not see the value in group why would you pay for it? Plenty of people do it from home with supoort from here. Why you would assume i was being rude is beyond me. Something clearly lost in translation & VERY sorty if i offended.

Look I apologise if you think I was off with you I thought you were really having a go. I am really a gentle soul and I think the point I was making was misunderstood by some. Good luck to you with your journey.

I think I would be gutted not to receive the awards, as someone said you're paying the same as anyone else that does. I would politely mention. I believe Cons get back what they give in terms of classes.
I must be lucky I guess. I have no room left on fridge. And body magic awards have to go on a wall. X

Attachments

• image-3027643853.jpg
    image-3027643853.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,016
I have never received or seen certs at my group, didn't know they existed until this thread, stickers are available and a target cert. I don't actually mind though, I know I lost the weight and thats good enough for me, they are good for mini goals, the achievement is in the doing it, not the paper that says you did it. But I understand that they may be important for others though.

I am a kid at heart (seriously- i am) and anything bright and shiny as an incentive keeps me going.

I started SW in mid april- and i think it was beginning of May that my C started buying certificates- to see if it helped motivate people. She's been doing it for 13 years, and i believe that was the first time she started certificates.

There were stickers for awards and fridge magnets for sotw/sotm.

And for woty i got (as well as my certificate) a card and a....what resembles a keyring (with SW on it)

So i think i'm lucky to have such a generous C.

I know that all groups are different. But the £4.95 is surely the weigh in, the track of your weight and the image therapy (which I do find helpful because sometimes someone can say something that hits home and keeps me spurred on for the week) that and the recipe ideas are pretty good :D

I know someone who doesn't like the certificates or stickers, she thinks they're tacky. So i guess everyone is different....

When I was on SW before I got certificates for each half stone but it seemed you didn't get them in our group...

One of the big chiefs came to our group last Tuesday so she was on the ball with all of the certificates and I got all my back ones.

Hubby is on SW too so our fridge is full.

As others have said, consultants are self employed, it's a bit like Avon and they buy everything. Our consultant is ace - it's her only downfall

x

Attachments

• image-1286936707.jpg
    image-1286936707.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,801
Your fridge looks like mine, it's great when I go in the kitchen and see what I have acheived.:)

Last edited:
i got my half stone off last week and she forgot to give me the certificate, said she'd get me one at the end and i never got it. now i feel really childish asking for it but i want to stick them up! lol not sure if she doesnt give them out for slimmer of the week or if i just didnt get one, i'll have to take notice next week.

@Zilla (this is in response to your post nr.21 from yesterday) - there's another relevant thread you might find interesting to read, and maybe even get an idea or two on how members can change things in their own group if they want to..... the thread has been going strong for over a year now and the points you raised are well featured :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/161920-what-annoys-you-about-your-slimming-world-class.html
You misunderstand. I love my group and have gained great support from the consultant and the other members, my original point was in answer to someone saying they didn't get stickers and certificates and my point was that most members like and use the rewards as a visual reminder to keep on track and that for 4.95 you would think they would be provided at all groups.:)

kingleds said:
Goodness - some very sensitive souls on here this morning! I really only meant that if you do not see the value in group why would you pay for it? Plenty of people do it from home with supoort from here. Why you would assume i was being rude is beyond me. Something clearly lost in translation & VERY sorty if i offended.

I was very tired and very grumpy but it did sound like you were making a rather large dig!
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
That's the problem with forums sometimes, it's more difficult to take in how the comment is made, not just the words.

Not a problem as I said before I am really a nice person, I think the other lady kingsled missed the point I was trying to make.

laura4988 said:
I was very tired and very grumpy but it did sound like you were making a rather large dig!
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
That's the problem with forums sometimes, it's more difficult to take in how the comment is made, not just the words.

Agreed hun. Just know from now on that i say what i mean,and mean what i say. No 'tone' in my posts. Can't say the same for others of course, hence i guess why some people thought i was being rude - i wasn't! Its a forum so i don't take it seriously enough to be rude to someone!! :) lifes too short!
Peace Out xx

Back