Climbing Mount Snowdon

BrittW

Timelord
Hola Everyone,

I thought I'd ask here as I don't know where else to turn!

I really wanna climb / walk Mount Snowdon this year. But I really don't know how one goes about climbing a montain!

I've googled my morning away and found lots of information about Snowdon and a walk called the Llanberis Path, which is apparently the one for inexperienced walkers etc...

However, do you book? Do you just turn up and start walking? Does a mountain have opening times?? What do i bring??

Needless to say I have lots of questions. I don't wanna die up a mountain.

Just wondering if anyone has ever done it or knows anyone who has done it, or can just tell me how to get to the top. Haha...

Any help/guidance would be greatly received.

Many Thanks,

Britt xoxo

Hey,I dont have any advice coz I've never done it before but I just wanted to say....This is on my 'bucket list' lol I so wanna do this at some point. So go you :) I hope you manage to do it.
Claire x

Hello! I live not far from Snowdon and will also be climbing it ths year! There are many paths up as you know and they are all clearly sign posted but you will have to have some basic knowledge and experience. Have you done any mountain climbing? Having the right gear is very important as the weather can change dramatically very quickly at that height. I wouldn't go on my own either - can you go with a few friends? There's a carpark at the bottom and from there you can choose a route but no, you don't have to book! The carpark costs £10 i think but gets full very quickly as a lot of people do this climb so its best to set off early. Up and down should take anywhere from 5.5 hours to 8 hours depending on your pace. Maybe I'll see you up there...............

Back