Clocks Change - What do you think?

Roz V

I absolutely HATE the clocks change! Apart from the ridiculous amount of work involved - we seem to have clocks EVERYWHERE, few of which are radio controlled - I'm not a morning person, so light mornings don't interest me, but the thought of it shortly being dark at 4pm makes me want to hibernate!

Today has been really lovely down here, bright sunshine and quite warm, so we spent the day in the garden cutting down and tidying up - it's our garden waste collection next week. We even sat out in the summerhouse to eat lunch...

BUT, we had to pack up by 5pm, it was getting cold and dark! Curtains drawn and lights on by 5.30 - I just felt that I wanted to go and sit in a corner and eat chocolate. And that's on a beautiful sunny day - G*d only knows what I'll feel like on a dark dreary day!

Anyone else affected in this way, or is it just me that hates the Autumn 'clock change' day so much - to me, it's the worst day of the year!

I love the Autumn clock change. Hate the spring one.

Love having that extra hour and have put in a request to have one each day :clap:

:D

Im with you on that KD... anything that gets an extra hour in bed HAS to be good ;)

I'm not bothered by it at all.Neither were my kids or Dh. My children sleep for britain anyway so it was strange having them up at 10 instead of 11. I was up first as usual.
I love the short days, me and my 4 yr old went for a walk in the dark after dinner last night she held the torch. it was really funny. I also love winter food, hot soup all the root veg mmmm . the only thing I dont like about this time of year is the rain, but its not as bad as rain in the summer time. at least you expect rain in the winter and the sunny days are gorgeous, dont like cold nights in bed though. I'm not a naturally warm person anyway.

My body clock is up the spout anyway, but it's very dark at 5 o clock! A.M that is! It takes me about 3 weeks to adjust!

I dont actually mind it....The only thing I don't like is the dark alk up to the bus when OH is on afternoons. The lane I have to walk up although quite busy with people is very very dark and there are a some extra dark spots that are quite scarey....

Makes the walk extra good though as I power walk it!!! hahahaha

Haaaaaate it :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Means short , cold, dreary days

Don't mind the extra hour in bed but but the rest is pants

Funily enough, I don't care a jot when it gets dark at 6 o'clock when I'm in the far east ;)

Toots

I know what you mean....I didn't care at all last year, I was in Hong Kong, Manilla, Borneo, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and China last November so I didn't even see the nights draw in....was fabulous, wish I was there again!!!! boo hoo

Toots

I know what you mean....I didn't care at all last year, I was in Hong Kong, Manilla, Borneo, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and China last November so I didn't even see the nights draw in....was fabulous, wish I was there again!!!! boo hoo

Back there in may - yay. Hope one day to move to Penang

xx

Wow.....

I love Hong Kong and Singapore..
I would love to live in Vancouver...I hope to go there before Christmas...It's a brilliant place

Canada is fantastic - never got to Vancouver as got sidetracked by Edmonton Mall :eek:. I could live there 6 months of the year but the snow ........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Which is why I voted baaaad about the clocks going back ;)

Try and convince your toddler that 8 is really 7..... It's been a looooooooooooooooooong day!!!

OMG Kristin do we KNOW how that goes....

Our 2 year old has no mercy and thats at 6 when she thinks its 7 worst of all she climbs in beside us and pretends she will go back to sleep for around 10 mins...lol

Back