close to target and struggling

lilpixiesue

This is probably going to sound really daft. I am 1lb off my target (although i think i'd like to try and lose another stone, but i set my target at the top end of my BMI as i had no clue that SW would work so well, i thought it would take me a lot longer!)

this week has been the hardest week so far. I just can't be motivated. I've picked and eaten stuff i shouldn't, I've made bad decisions about food and I am really peed off with myself. 1lb!!! And i really want to get to target and I am gutted i've been so crap

A friend of mine said she was the same (she was doing weight watchers) when she got so close to target, she said she felt that she wanted to sabotage the week cos she didn't want to try and fail.

I have tried to be good today and have been OK ish (had a couple of maltesers and picked at a few slices of salami which i know is really high in syns :() but i am feeling really hungry now and I just want to eat junk.

I haven't felt like this much at all since i started SW in fact i have been amazed at how easy I fhave found it relative to other diets i have tried.

But i really wanted to get to target this week and I am kicking myself for being rubbish. And hoping i've not gone too much further away from it

Dont worry! you will make it, like you I set my heart on reaching my Target weight for a certain week and missed it by 1/2 lb! in the end it took 4 more weeks to loose that 1/2 lb as I kept on maintaining......
Now I've got there, I have lost 3lbs more, so I am trying to eat more to add 3 lbs to my weight to get back, believe me, very hard!!
Pete

i am having the same issue! i want to be at target 2 weeks today as im off on my hols and wanted to be at target for it, but i just seem to of lost my ooomph! and what did i eat yesterday?? Salami!! must be something in the air! but it was looking at me everytime i opened the fridge! and it tasted so good that once i had 1 bit i had to have more!

I didnt have a date in mind for target, just kept plodding on. As I got near to target my losses were only half a pound a week, but I got there. Dont beat yourself up about this, you will get there, so close now! If it takes another week, well it takes another week. You have done so well, and its now within your reach. When you gfet there, wear your blue badge with pride! Let us all know and we will "high five you" :)

Firstly don't say you've done crap, you've done amazingly well in a short space of time. I'm not near target so can't help. Perhaps you could try having a big drink, maybe try adding lemon if your not already doing the lemon thing. Perhaps busy yourself for half hour. If your still hungry after then maybe have some fruit and see how you get on.

Good luck, your so close :)

I am at target and i am always sabotaging myself. I gain weight one week then have to get back on plan 100% to lose the following week and the cycle continues. I just cant seem to get in the frame of mind that im meant to be maintaining now but i miss the thrill of losing and think subconsciously that is why i binge so i can lose again. Really need to get out of this cycle before it spirals out of control.

It took me 6 months to lose my last half stone to get to target! My body just refused to budge any further. I was 100% on plan, even stopped drinking at weekends to try and get even half a lb lower and nothing. Then all of a sudden it just all fell off in a few weeks! I didnt change anything from what i had been doing. Our bodies are not machines, they do weird things for no explanation. Stick to plan and you will get there.

A lot of people do sabotage themselves close to target. Why not even count syns weekly so that if you do go over one day who dont feel like youve blown it and can control it that way?

You will get there! And that 1lb will seem more like 10st both to get off and when it comes off!

I had my heart set on reaching club 10 before my holiday, I am a slow loser and yoyo naturally so when I was still 3.5lbs off with one weigh in to go I kind of gave up and went the other way. Been going up and up and now finally after 7 weeks finally seem to be back on track.
At last weigh in I was 9lbs away from club 10 and 12lbs from target. Considering I was only 21lbs from target when I began you can see the problem!
Anyway I digress...my advice would be to not put so much pressure on yourself, just keep going like you've been going to get to this point and not focus quite so much on that 1lb. I think we put too much pressure on to get a certain weight by a certain time and although that might work for some people, it def doesn't for me and some others!
Good luck, focus on sticking to plan rather than the elusive 1lb! Xx

thanks everyone. I didn't get to target last night, but i did maintain so that's fine and i still only have 1lb to go. Feeling a bit better about it this week, planning to up my superfree and drink loads of water. I can do it this week! I hope!

x

Your last post is sounding better. Treat this week like it is your first week. Get rid of the salami and all the other junk food in your fridge and cupboards, and stock up on superfree. Plan your week - plan your meals, your snacks, your exercise and your life. You can do this and you will do this if your head is in the right place. Your weight loss to date proves that you can do this.

Your new habits cannot change when you get to target. This must be for life or the weight will go back on. You want this and you will get it but it take willpower and planning.

Have you read Rod the Bass's "Tough Love" thread? There is lots of good advice and support being shared around there and you may find it helps. I look forward to your next weigh in result :)

Back