clothes clear out

snowmum

Got my summer clothes out of the attic today and threw loads of them out ,some admitedly were a bit roomy last summer so they were far too big now. Tops,trousers and shorts all gone to Oxfam who gave me a couple of M&S vouchers.
Felt good but mixed feelings should I have keep them? Imagine the expense if it all goes to pot and I end up back where I started! I'll never be skinny skinny but it seems beyond my thinking that I'll be a slim 16 or even 14.Wondering now if I have done the right thing. Having said that all those big wide shorts genorus size 20 were not a particularly inspiring sight for the summer! (We have holidayed in USA the last few years where it is easier for big girls to blend in.)
What did you folk who are farther long them me do keep some big clothes as insurance / bin the lot?

dont be daft yoy have done the right thing!youve sed goodbye to your old clothes which is like sayin goodbye to the old you,be proud of how far youve come and dont dwell on it doll! think of your new wardrobe and how fantastic your gonna look xxxxxxxxxxxx

bin the lot , it will give u the insentive to keep going, treat yourself when u reached your personal goal

Go for it snowman you will do it, well done think positive.;)

p.s me dont no about throwin my old clothes away not yet able to fit into the jeans i wore a year ago,but i no that i would do the same as you xxx

or you can always put some of them on ebay , a friend of min e was a size 22 and put lots on made about 160 pounds x

Thanks I know you are all right. Just done a bit of searching and some folks think about a dress size down a month at the start is a good estimate.So i guess by the time I need my shorts etc for my holiday in August they would definitely have been too big. How do i get to list my weekly losses at the end of my posts (under ticker ) like you folks?

redhed, I think what you said about not fitting into old clothes was part of my mixed feelings today as although lots of things were too big and i could get into some 'tight' old clothes i do know that some of my old clothes that used to fit(post atkins) still dont fit now. Just brought it home how i have slowly lost all control re weight! Up until now that is!

Back