clothes size compared to weight

emma&alex

Hi, Just wondering what peoples weight/size's are at that weight.

me..size 22/24, 2 weeks ago, when I started this diet at 23st!
I fit fine in my 22's now though.

I find it amazing how people can be the same size and such a lot of weight less. for example, my mum is 15/16st and she is size 22..that was a whole 7/8 stone less than me, and we were wearing the same size clothes.

when i started the diet at 17stone i was wearing a size 18/20 tops and 20 bottoms, now weighing 12.7 im wearing 14 tops and just got into 16 bottoms, think im what they call pear shaped

When I was in my teens, I was a slim size 12 and weighed 13 stone!

I now weigh 262lb and I'm a size 22-24. My mum weighs much lighter than me and is the same size.

Throughout my life, my weight has always been much greater than people "expect" it to be for my size. This is to the point that doctor's told me I was exceedingly overweight in my teens despite the fact there was no fat on me. I may have been a 12 but it was mostly bone! I've always just weighed heavy on the scales.

For my current diet I'm trying to get to a dress size (for my wedding) rather than a target weight.

When I was in my teens, I was a slim size 12 and weighed 13 stone!

I now weigh 262lb and I'm a size 22-24. My mum weighs much lighter than me and is the same size.

Throughout my life, my weight has always been much greater than people "expect" it to be for my size. This is to the point that doctor's told me I was exceedingly overweight in my teens despite the fact there was no fat on me. I may have been a 12 but it was mostly bone! I've always just weighed heavy on the scales.

For my current diet I'm trying to get to a dress size (for my wedding) rather than a target weight.

Good luck to you Fray - a very positive way of looking at your goal

I'm 5ft9 weight 12 and a half stone and am in a size 16 bottom and 14 top, when I got to 11stone8 I was a 14 all over.

I'm 5ft8, weigh 10st9lbs and am a size 12! While I'm hoping to lose a bit more weight I think I'll stay at a size 12

when I started I was 18 stone 8 lb :cry: and was a size 24 ... now I am 12 stone 5 lb and a size 16 ( although had to buy size 14 jeans today in sainsburys as the 16's were too big :D) .. it is strange but like someone said .. its all about where you carry it . I plan to get to around 11 stone , although I will stop before if I feel happy or loose a bit more if I feel I need to .

when i started i was 15 st 8 and size 16 bottoms and 18 tops, im 5ft 10in and nobody believed i was the weight i was as i carry it well they said, im now 11st 6 and a size 12 bottoms some are big tho depending on where i get them from and a 14/16 top

Hello :)

Im 5'4 weigh 10'12 most days lol and wear 10's/12 bottom and 12 on top in most shops.

Im same shape up & down if that makes sense lol

im 5ft 2 and started at 23 stone 6lb and was a 30/32
now im 17st 6lb and i seem to be a 20 in most shops thou oddly evans i still need a 22/24

I'm 5'8 and starting at 14 1/2 stone and I'm generally a size 14 all over. When I was down to 13 stone I was between a 12 and a 14.

It depends a lot on the cut of clothes and which shop though - last time I did Cambridge I went into Next and got 3 new dresses re re-fill my wardrobe - one was a 10, one a 12 and one a 14 and all 3 fitted perfectly!!

I am somewhat chesty shall we say - but at the same time my ribcage underneath is very narrow. So if its a fitted style top I will usually be a 16 but if its more stretchy or t-shirt style where it can stretch on top and then shoot straight back in to nip in at my waist then I can wear a 10-12. Its insanity and makes buying clothes so damn difficult!

I'm 5'7 and started at just over 17 stone. I was a size 22. Now I am weighing in at 14.12 and my size 20 bottoms are hanging off me but the 18's are a little snug. Pretty much all of my clothes are from Next. I am the same as someone else - I think I must carry my weight well because when I told one of my close friends my starting weight she was honestly and genuinely gobsmacked! I am a classic pear and my weight seems to be going from my top half first this time round. I wish I was 'chesty! I'm a 38/40 B and it makes getting dresses a flipping nightmare because the clothes that fit my body flap around my chest something silly! Keep saying I'm gonna get a cleavage transplant from my butt to my boobs!

maybe we can do a deal and swap some - I need more in my butt but no matter how much weight I lose I remain a 32G!!!! That way we could both get clothes that fit perfectly lol

Im now 18st 4 lbs and a size 20/22. When I did CD before, I got to 14 stone, and I was a 16/18 on top and a comfortable 18 on the bottom

I'm 5'4" and started off at 12st9 and I had had to go out and buy size 16's for work, and had one pair of 'large' 14's which fitted.
I'm now 10st7 and wear mostly a 12 on bottom but some of the smaller 14's still fit, just are a bit baggy. My tops are still size 14, with a few 12's but have biggish boobies still.

I'm 5ft 1 and started at 14st wearing a size 20/22. Now 8st 11 and wearing 10 top and 8 bottom x

Back