clothes sizes !!

operationslim31

went shopping saturday for some dresses for the weekend , and i went to peacocks and i had to buy one dress in 16 and one in twenty what the hell is that about barin in mind 13weeks ago i was more a 28 /30 so i guess one shouldnt complain but still i even tried on teh twenty jeans and they didnt fit slightly annoyed with my self !!! for being worked up about it though

Last edited:
I agree! Clothes shopping is a nightmare for me. Clothes sizes vary from shop to shop.

I'm normally a 16, at a push an 18 but when I was looking for a special dress for a wedding I had to buy a size 22! (Monsoon too, I thought they catered for 'real' women).

Also when I have been looking on ebay for size 16 trousers, there is an option at the side to narrow your search down and waist sizes are one of them, and your options are from 32" up to 38"! How can a trouser size vary by 6"?

I hate the variations in clothes sizes - and in the same shop! I vary from a 18-22 top and 22-26 bottom! I wish they would just agree on one size for all and stick to it!

On another note - I can't wait until I don't need to worry about where I shop! Wheeeee! x

i started at a tight size 24.... im now in a loose 22 after loosing 2st 3lb, so i brought some jeans from dorothy perkins in a size 22! and they dont bloody fit, there really really tight! yet the ones i got from tesco in same size were to big! i dont get it at all, the difference of size from one shop to another etc is silly, i got worked up about it to operation slim, it is really frustrating isnt it xx

Hi Everyone,
I understand what you mean about the inconsistency with sizing on the high street. I personally find Monsoon to be the worst offender, nothing is ever the right size, now thats not me being vain, thats the truth from lots of friends of mine saying they feel seriously depressed when they try clothes on in there.
I have also found Dorothy Perkins bad, particularly with trousers. I find Topshop is soul destroying also because their size 12 is more like a size 8. I have found both River Island and certain items in Primark to be more or less correct. I find H&M vary wildly too, some things in a 12 fit like a glove while others are either way to big or way to small, I think you really need to try on lots of different sizes in this shop. Also I find most everything in Debenhams fits me just right. By the way I'm not a super spender or anything but I do like trying on loyts of different clothes when I've a day off to see how far I've gone with the diet, it keeps me motivated...especially Monsoon...grrr

Size 30 to a 16 jeez you've done great. My nan always used to say she bought from m & s because they put more material in their clothes. Bit of a laugh really but it could be right. I sent for my son some jeans from debenhams all the same size 2 fit perfect 1 no where near.

Hi Kelly,
I think your Nan was right because I feel that M&S don't skimp on their material, they make the size the right size, unlike other shops who try to cut back on material...they just make you feel bad about yourself. I just wish M&S introduced some clothes for younger people!

When I started lipotrim first time round I was too big even for the evans clothes....was roughly a 36...if lucky a 32/34.....I am now back to a 30....depending where you buy from but I had to get all my clothes from mail order catalogues.....
Looking forward to shrinking again though and going into a "normal" shop to buy clothes

HiSonkie,

Its great to see your sizes coming down, what a boost when you can go in and try on anything you like!! I've lots of admiration for you and it won't be long til you're chucking those catalogues in the bin for good and high tailing it up and down the high street for clothes!!
I'm sending you all the very best with your weight loss journey xxx

Back