Coconut Essence/extract

McNaughty

Hi there,

I just wondered if anyone had used coconut essence/extract instead of coconut milk and if yes, how successful was it?

I love coconut milk and use the light stuff all the time, just wanted something syn free for an option.

Thanks

I seen people say that it works well. I'm considering getting the coconut flavouring from Lakeland as they are a good brand just to give it a try. They do a custard flavouring too which is lovely :)

Depending what you are putting it in you can substitute a coconut yoghurt. If you can get the coconut and lime muller lights then they are syn free but if not the muller greek style coconut are 0.5 syns so a lot less than light coconut milk. I've only used them in Green Curry but they worked great in that.

Depending what you are putting it in you can substitute a coconut yoghurt. If you can get the coconut and lime muller lights then they are syn free but if not the muller greek style coconut are 0.5 syns so a lot less than light coconut milk. I've only used them in Green Curry but they worked great in that.

Unfortunately mullerlights aren't vegetarian friendly so I can't use them but I'm going to give the flavouring a go :)

What a fab idea - hadn't thought of that. Will use yogurt when wanting a creamy finish and coconut extract for everything else.

Thanks for the tip!

Back