1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Cod Liver Oil

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cocktailprincess, 12 February 2009 Social URL.

1. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Hi everyone

This is a bit of a strange one, but here goes...........

I have noticed my knees are creaking quite a bit lately and can't help thinking it is because of the lack of oil in my diet these days (doing SW for 10 months).
    Someone mentioned I should take cod liver oil capsules, but I am concerned that they may have a syn value.

Does anyone have a similar problem with creaking bones or know if Cod liver oil capsules have syn value?

Thanks all x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

weird....consultante was on about pills yesterday and she said the only pills with a syn value are..
    cod liver oil
    and fruit lozengers and medicine sweet type ones
    and lemsip, basically anything that has got fruity/ sweetners added to them
    As I can remember Im sure she said 1 oil capsule is 1/2 syn

4. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Basic/Non Branded Foods Cod liver oil 1 level tsp

[​IMG] Original 2 Syns [​IMG] Green 2 Syns
    couldnt find capsules

5. Tracie Green

Tracie Green Silver Member

blimey, thats a bit off having to count that!! i wouldnt bother personally as its a beneficial thing that your doping for your health!! i have same problem actually and have been considering doing the same, im only 25 : ( hhhmmph x

6. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

2 syns! Gutted. I could have a quality street and live with the creaky knees........?

I wonder if lack of fat is the cause? I never used to have it, and you would think losing weight would help your joints, but I did used to use a lot of olive oil in cooking before.........?

7. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

I wouldn't have thought it was lack of fat... anyway, you're not going without fat totally. Just less of it. Your joints aren't lubricated with fat, as such. You could try a Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplement as that is good for joints and bones. Or if you're really concerned, speak to your doctor about it. He/she can advise the likely cause and what to do about it.

8. LadyHelen

LadyHelen No Coffee, No Workee

To be honest, at 1/2 a syn per capsule, if you're only taking one a day, I'd ignore the 1/2 syn, it's going to make absolutely s*d all difference.