Coffee

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by zpacey, 4 May 2010 Social URL.

1. zpacey

zpacey Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.38%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I drink alot of coffee, I've always drank it black no sugar. Before the diet, I was probably drinking about 8 mugs, now on the diet, am drinking more than that a day. Am just wondering whether it stalls weight loss? I've been comparing my losses with other people and mine seem to be a wee bit on the lower side. I don't know how to get off the coffee, am addicted to it I think, I even have a cup before going to bed sometimes. If I've been away from home for more than 4 hours and can't get anywhere to buy a cuppa, I get serious head aches and as soon as I have one the headaches go away. How can I stop drinking too much and is this the reason am not having bigger losses?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

I doubt it will have much effect on your losses , as long as you are drinking some water too ?? However that much caffeine isnt good for your general health , it can give you headaches and even palpatations and isnt great for your heart either .
    If I were you I would try and cut donw , maybe start swapping one coffee a day for caffeine free , then 2 , until you have weaned yourself off it .
    caffeine is a drug and I would say you are having too much !

4. determinator

determinator Banned

5. zpacey

zpacey Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.38%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thanks determinator, very helpful. x

6. determinator

determinator Banned

and I would also say that your losses may seem lower than a lot of other people as you dont have as much to loose as some . The heavier you are the faster ytou loose to start with , then losses slow down the closer you get to a healthy weight :)

7. zpacey

zpacey Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.38%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    true, am near my goal, just trying to get the stuborn stone off, am sure it'll fall off eventually, won't give up until I've done it. thanks again hun.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.