Cognitive Behaviour Therapy

bmthsue

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good book about CBT? I think this might help me deal with my food demons when I start to move up the steps. I really want to do as much as I can to help myself avoid temptation and thought this might be a good start. Thanks! x

Hi Girls – I am studding CBT in the hope to finish my diploma next year however many of the cbt text books are aimed at student counsellors or lecturers,
You may want to start with a self help book on food addictions or trigger eating however most of us find out food has nothing to do with why we eat it’s just a symptom of a bigger picture,
A book i love and use alot is Cognitive-Behavioural Counselling in Action - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cognitive-Behavioural-Counselling-Action/dp/0803980485/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244459810&sr=1-1
This may very well help ..hth
Wannabe

Judith Beck is the pioneer in CBT for weight loss (her father was the founder of CBT). Her book, "The Beck Diet Solution" and the Workbook are both excellent. She really is at the forefront in this area. Another amazing book but it is very much of a Christian perspective is "Lose it for Life" by Stephen Arterburn. Paul McKenna is also very good about practical techniques to prevent cravings and get eating under control. This is exactly what I need to put in to practise. It is not enought to read about CBT, it requires action. But I know it works because my husband who suffered quite badly from depression is a different person after doing CBT techniques. Hope that helps x

Sorry to change the subject but BMTHSUE. I see you're in Bournemouth!!!

Another local :clap: :clap:

I most definitely am in sunny (not!) Bournemouth! Hadn't spotted that you were a bournemouth-ite too!

I most definitely am in sunny (not!) Bournemouth! Hadn't spotted that you were a bournemouth-ite too!

Bit rubbish out there isn't it :rolleyes:

Yep, I'm a bournemouth-ite. Born here and decided to stay. Beach one side, forest the other. What more can I ask for :)

Back