Coke Zero Allowed On Sole Source?? Help!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by x89amandax, 25 April 2009 Social URL.

1. x89amandax

x89amandax Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.61%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    :confused: Im doing fine sticking to SS 100% not had any food not picked or anything which im proud of myself for :D..... BUT as much as i have managed to have tones of water Im really craving a diet coke!.

Someone said diet cokes a bad idea as citiric acid can mess with ketosis but coke zero (just a 330ml can) can be fine??

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this? im not wanting to have it instead of the water but it would be a nice treat?:cool:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. British_Claire_84

British_Claire_84 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Officially the line is that it is not allowed on SS but i know people that have had it with no problems at all.

4. Dreamer<3

Dreamer<3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(20.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd like to know too xx

5. x89amandax

x89amandax Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.61%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Im obviously having the odd cravings for foods but a nice chilled coke zero on a nice sunny day would do me fine :D just not worth messing SS up for it so need to find out first lol

6. Jessica Rabbit72

Jessica Rabbit72 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    ss / ss+
    officially not allowed some people get away with it but beware it may set off all cravings for all sorts - does with me.

you could have the water flavouring with sparkling water and a few ice cubes and that may hit the spot x

7. x89amandax

x89amandax Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.61%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    yeah think ill mention it at my meeting on wednesday it would just make SS alot easier if I had something else to drink other than water. I cannot stand black tea or coffee without heaps of sugar in lol

8. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

I think the confusion maybe because it's the citric acid in many fizzy drinks that can cause you to come out of ketosis where as coke zero has malic acid... I remember once before when I did CD that CD once said you could have one can a day but then said no, because it can kick of cravings or soemthing?
    But as others have said, some people do drink a can of coke zero a day with no efffects, but the official line is if its doesn't allow it in your booklet, you can't have it!

x

9. x89amandax

x89amandax Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.61%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    supose it would just be a case of trial and error really. Im more concerned of it effecting ketosis than it sparking off cravings cos we get cravings anyway and ive managed to still stay 100%

10. mick_in_warrington

mick_in_warrington Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(11.46%)
    i can sympathise, being the coke addict that i am, but i've not given into the cravings for some. I'm on day 6 of the SS+, and admittedly, day 3 was a real cravings day, presumably because my store of carbs was used up totally, and my body was not happy finding that out lol, but since then, i've watched my daughter sipping a couple and amazingly, it hasn't bothered me at all. i think it's the taste and fizz thing too, as altho i dont mind drinking water at all, it can be a bit bland for some people. Im on about 6 litres a day, and hopefully when i have my first weigh in on monday, i'll see the benefits of sticking to it.

11. Wabbitt

Wabbitt Laugh, love, live!

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    6 litres a day!!!!! wow, is that safe?

12. x89amandax

x89amandax Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.61%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    i was worried i was over drinking on bout 3 litres lol could noway drink 6 litres id definately die lol

13. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Some people can drink large quantities of water as long as it's spread out with no ill effects. Some people just can't tolerate as much... if i go much above 3.5l i start to get dizzy.
    All individuel and what your body can cope with.

x

14. mick_in_warrington

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(11.46%)
    i'm not feeling any ill effects on that much water, and i am quite a large frame anyway, so i think it may be right that it could all depend on body size.
    i try and drink 2 litres every 4 1/2 hours or so, as if i drank too much too quickly, i think it might be a bit dodgy!
    it did make me wonder whether there was a point where drinking a lot more water than is recommended could be detrimental to my diet, but my CDC didn't forsee any problems with what im doing.

15. Purplepixie

Purplepixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(27.87%)
    Diet:
    CD
    my cdc said coke zero was ok but only one can a week at most and to be aware because it is carbonated it will cause bloat.

Personally I have decided it is not worth it so I am avoiding

16. mick_in_warrington

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(11.46%)
    purplepixie, i'd have to agree with that, if you rule it out totally, it stops becoming the distraction it could be if you were having one a week

17. Mia

Mia Skinny girl in a fat body

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    I drink the odd glass of coke zero. I sometimes buy a big bottle in my shopping and have a glug usually before bed. I never buy cans becasue if I open a can, I drink the whole can. So, yes I drink it but in moderation.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.