Coke zero

I've never heard that!?

It certainly isn't official. I wouldn't like to say what it would do to ketosis. Citric acid messes with it apparently. Saying that, boullion isn't 'official' either, and most people have given it a go..... I'm on the fence, sorry x

Technically speaking, a Diet Coke/Coke Zero every once in a while won't do anything to your LL diet/ketosis at all. Like, when at a pub with mates, it's acceptable as a 'special treat' - but without the lemon!
It's not so much the citric acid ruining ketosis, as it inducing HUNGER on an empty stomach. Acid buildup produces hunger pangs which in turn makes you feel pretty crappy. Plus in some cases, the artificial sweetner tricks the brain into thinking you've eaten something so it starts producing excess stomach acid - which can damage it. - Same thing happens from chewing gum when we've eaten nothing - so it's best to avoid this too.
So it's best to AVOID sweetened carbonated drinks for this reason. Stick to water. And better yet - buy a Soda Stream machine! Fizz up some water, add your water flavouring to it with some ice cubes - what could be better?? ;)

Back