Coke Zero

fatpossum

Silver Member
Is there a limit to the amount of Coke Zero one can drink on CD?

I am not a guzzler of coke but want to ensure that the 1/2 glasses a day I am currently drinking is not likely to affect my weight loss.

Thanks

the official line is one small glass a day but be careful, it affects some more than others x

So no more Coke Zero for me then!!!

I am so desperate to get finished with this diet - it is beginning to get to me now and anything that gets in the way of my target weight (9stone) is being binned!

I have just finished making bacon sandwiches for my family. My husband had his bacon (together with a lovely oganic egg cooked in olive oil) in a big fluffy baquette and my daughter had hers between two slices of lovely fresh bread together with lettuce and tomato. I could eat my knuckles!!!!!

I have already had two of my three packs and I will have to wait (my choice, I know!) until about 10.00p.m. when I shall have my bar!!

If only I hadn't let myself turn to lard over the past two years I wouldn't be in this position, would I? I have done it to myself and it is my recurring self-sabotage (have 'fallen off the wagon' a few times) that has dragged out the whole process longer than it has had to be!!

Hi fatpossum, try not to be too hard on yourself, bless you, you sound like me!! I've been off and on the diet a bit, really struggled to get back on sole source and finally did for two weeks but I've now moved over to 790 as I find the whole 'restrictive' thing just to hard to maintain. I think whatever works for you is fine, if it helps to have a glass of coke zero, have one, honestly I don't think it will make that much difference. In fact depriving yourself of that glass will probably do more harm than good as you could just end up feeling more unhappy which for me was usually the thing that toppled me over the edge!

So try to go a bit easier on yourself, the important thing isn't really the little things that get in the way, such as the odd glass of coke zero, its sticking with it over the long term and accepting the little blips you have along the way,whilst carrying on with the diet to the best of your ability :))

If you can stick with it for the long haul, the weight will drop off, it has to!! :))

Love

Laura
xx

So try to go a bit easier on yourself, the important thing isn't really the little things that get in the way, such as the odd glass of coke zero, its sticking with it over the long term and accepting the little blips you have along the way,whilst carrying on with the diet to the best of your ability :))

If you can stick with it for the long haul, the weight will drop off, it has to!! :))

Love

Laura
xx

Great advice Laura. I think most people have blips along the way. Its the picking yourself up and getting back on plan that is the hard bit.

Hi fp...

Have you tried Sugar Free Appleade from Asda? That's worked for me on this plan... also Perfectly Clear Strawberry and Kiwi Flavoured water... that was ok for me too. I have no idea if it would be ok for you or not, but perhaps worth a try as neither of them has citric acid in them.

Regarding Coke Zero - I found it made me want to eat... probably psychological but even so, I definitely linked it with food, lol.

Ease up on yourself, what's done (weight wise) is done and today, thankfully for us all, is a new day and a fresh opportunity :D

Well done on not having bacon butties! I would've continued from knuckles to shoulder!!!!! :D

Good luck with it all :)

Thanks Chaps,

I think that my mood has a lot to do with the fact that my period is due. I find SSing really difficult for 2/3 days before it arrives and I think that is the likely cause of my 'misery-fest' :(.

I agree that it is important to keep an eye on the overall picture - right now and for me this means

;)** keeping sight of the fact that I am more than 3 stones lighter now than I was in mid April.

;)** I look abouut 10 years younger (I'm sure that's a conservative estimate :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

and

;)** my jeans are size 10 as opposed to a snug size 18.

I can remember when I aspired to be a size 14 and truly believed that I looked slim then. Now there are days when I look in the mirror and I think I look FAT :eek:.

Thanks for the moral support - much appreciated. But isn't dieting a bind? While I was out today I spent much of my time watching incredulously as an array of skinny girls walked past me muching their way through Mars bars, Snickers, bags of chips and full fat coke!!!! I could never do that even when I was their age. Food is reluctant to leave my body once it arrives - it invariably finds a home!!!!

I need to find a food substitute.

But I am hanging in there. Hoping to go for a WI on Thursday and if the 'news is good' I will be elated and geared up for another couple of weeks but if it is bad (i.e. little weight loss) I will want to head for the nearest bakery!!!! But don't panic I have yet to act on these feelings though the bread bin has taken a kickin' from time to time!!!

Back